TOOLS & FABRICATION Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding

Ordered me some new toys today

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ordered me some new toys today

My dewalt 18v has finally crapped out on me after 9 years of loyal service. Actually its just the batteries, the drill itself is still kicking *** but with the cost of batteries I decided to just buy a whole new set and that led from one thing to another and ended up getting the lithium ion 18v hammerdril and 1/4" impact set. Supposedly the batteries are a ton better than the nicads that my current drill sports. 40% more run time, 2000 charges, and no power fade as charge dwindles With having a new house all the projects that go along with it, they ought to come in pretty handy, especially when I build the new fence in the spring. I love getting new toys
Amazon.com: DEWALT DCK275L 18-Volt XRP Lithium-Ion Drill/Impact Combo Kit: Home Improvement
Old 09-01-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We beat the crap out of our dewalts as well, and they seem to take it.

We also started using a snap on 1/2inch drive electric impact this summer, and I was very impressed with it.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Nice! I use to use lots of Dewalt products when I did construction, they can take a beating and a half.

I hear ya on getting more than you planned. When I first had my house built I went to the store for a gallon of milk and other random items and walked out spending over $700 on all new cabinets and storage for my garage....LOL
Old 09-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Teching In

We have a place by us that rebuilds batteries for $35 each, with better cells than what you get from the factory. Enjoy the impact driver. I love mine.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

I have a 1/2" corded drill and 4.5" die grinder by dewalt and they are both awesome.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even though some people talk crap about dewalt and say they're just pretty black and Decker tools I don't care. I only buy dewalt and I've beat the crap out of all of them and I've never had a problem with any of them especially my drill which technically is in great working order and just needs batteries. It was just a good excuse to the wife for new tools so I had to use it My first job with it is to hang all the curtains in the house
Old 09-01-2011, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love my Dewalt tools also. Only thing not Dewalt I use is a Makita skil saw. Atomic must be like me - I got so tired of dead batteries that I bought a Honda 2000 watt generator and swapped back to corded tools.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

If a project of mine isnt big enough to warranty the corded drill a screwdriver will suffice. I always thought battery operated tools were kind of silly, except if your a woman
Old 09-01-2011, 10:42 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a nice kit Cody, I'm sure that you'll get a lot of years out of it From what I've seen and researched, the Lithium-Ion is definitely worth the extra coin

It sucks that batteries are so damn expensive...I have a Craftsman 14v drill that I got as a Christmas present many years ago, and the drill is still perfect, but the batteries crapped out. Searched around and priced out batteries, and it's pretty much cheaper just to trash the old drill all together and get a new one. I chucked the thing when I was cleaning out the garage and trying to make room...I had my laptop with me and "taps" playing on youtube when I brought it to the curb on "big garbage" day

BTW, I have a DeWalt 18v 1/2" impact gun that's been rockin for about 10 years now...doesn't break lug nuts loose though, never did really (makes me think that something is screwy with it, but whatever, so I break **** loose by hand), but it's still kicking. I used that thing every day when I was doing our Roadside Assistance here at Lexus. It was in thunder storms, snow storms, 100*+ heat, -0* winter weather...everything, and it still lives My DeWalt 12v drill is awesome too...about 8 or so years, it's pretty light, and the battery lasts surprisingly long considering that it's only a 12v. I'd love to start stocking up on some Lithium-Ion gear though
Old 09-02-2011, 12:34 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see the compromise you made with the wifee there...she let you buy new tools and you let her buy new curtains! Nicely done!!

Quick Reply: Ordered me some new toys today