Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Tuning in the Dallas area

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning in the Dallas area

I don't post much on here, but I'm looking for some advice. I looked through some older threads, and I know things change, and people leave certain shops, so I wanted to see if anyone had a recommendation of someone who could dyno tune my Tahoe. I've got a Magnacharger on it, as well as dynatech full lengths, magnaflow exhaust, and what's left of a k&n filtercharger after I put the supercharger on. It runs pretty well, but it acts lean and I want to get it dyno tuned to make sure it is right. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2014, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Jrxtuning@gmail Justin ruckman
Old 08-28-2014, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Justin at Black Bear Performance also does a couple of tunning weekends a year in the Dallas area. You can go to his website to see when he will be in town next. He did a great job on my truck and was very knowledgeable and friendly. He could also do a mail order tune or an auto cal tune as well if you dont want to wait for his tunning weekends......
Old 08-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Teching In

I would recommend CBK in haslet.. its a bit of a drive from you, but well worth it with FI applications.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:52 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What up Fred! I would wait for a Blackbear tune if you can. Didn't know you put a Maggie on the Tahoe, bet that thing is a beast now! Sorry I'm not more help, I can name a bunch or GA and SC tuners...
Old 08-30-2014, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Built2layframe
I would recommend CBK in haslet.. its a bit of a drive from you, but well worth it with FI applications.
I've heard that from a couple people already. I think I'll give them a call next week. Thanks!

Originally Posted by cheyenne383
What up Fred! I would wait for a Blackbear tune if you can. Didn't know you put a Maggie on the Tahoe, bet that thing is a beast now! Sorry I'm not more help, I can name a bunch or GA and SC tuners...
What up man? Long time no talk. It runs pretty good. I just want it "right". I'd wait for a Blackbear tune, but they aren't coming to Dallas until November/December. I've got a couple of offroad trips lined up and I will being towing my Scout with the Tahoe. I need it to be right before heading off for 5+ hour drives pulling the Scout. I've heard good things about Karger. I guess I can see what they have to say, and if I don't like it, I can wait.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

i know you said dallas area. but if willing to travel a little. BRM in bureleson. several guys on here have recommended him an where i plan on going. also has a in house dyno. you can check him out on fb Billy Ray Motorsports. hope this helps
Old 09-01-2014, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy-Fun
i know you said dallas area. but if willing to travel a little. BRM in bureleson. several guys on here have recommended him an where i plan on going. also has a in house dyno. you can check him out on fb Billy Ray Motorsports. hope this helps
This!!!!!!! Trust me you don't want an out of town tuner for budget reasons when BRM uses one of the best of the best. Sam knows his stuff.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive hurd some good stuff about sam miller if ur goin for a dyno tune
Old 09-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Contact Sam Miller at Advanced Modern Performance. He does excellent work. (817) 419-2751

Quick Reply: Tuning in the Dallas area