Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Which shop to use.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which shop "NOT" to use

After sending my TBSS to a reputable shop in Central Texas (SWG) in April of 2012, I was offered promise after promise that my vehicle would be ready week after week starting in 2013. I blew my engine so I was going with a forged ls2 iron block, new Holley hi-ram intake, TSP cam, loosened converter, and upgraded fuel system. I just want to let everyone know that who you take your vehicle to is on you, but please do more research into who you send it to. Now he we are 52 months later and my TBSS is still not complete, even though the shop says it is 100% complete. Maybe it is my fault that I let it sit there for so long but I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because he did some great transmission work on my Dakota R/T back in 2001. I know there are always going to be people who say there are 2 sides to every story, or automatically assume I'm lying but thankfully I saved every single Facebook message we ever had since that was the only way to communicate back and forth with from 2012 to 2014 when I was in Afghanistan, plus text messages from last June to present. Nothing but repeated assurances that my truck would be completed but when I would stop by they were always working on someone else's vehicle, or I would find my TBSS sitting outside under tree with the hood off with tons of dust on it. Now I hear that he didn't work on it because I owed him money but as you will see in my messages that I ask repeatedly if you need any money, even offering money, that I would gladly give it, but nothing. No build, ever, should take 52 months to complete. Finally towed my truck away when it was outside the shop with the keys in it and the doors unlocked and now they want to file theft of services against me. I lost 52 months in full coverage insurance while it was sitting and I also have to fix the numerous dings and scratches that were caused by being there for so long.

Last edited by kfddakota; 08-09-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:54 AM

I'm sure it is going to ruffle some feathers to the people who are loyal to him but I want everyone to know what could happen to you if you choose the wrong shop. I still have over 50 more pages of Facebook correspondence as evidene for anyone who doesn't believe me, and that doesn't even get into the text message copies that I still have.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:05 PM

The pic of the tbss with no hood is from September of last year. It wasn't until we took the pic that it was finally back in the shop getting "completed" But here is a pic of the engine from this weekend. It looks completed to me. Not even an oil dipstick tube.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:06 PM

Dust still everywhere with no fingerprints in sight anywhere from the work that was "done" on it.

Last edited by kfddakota; 08-09-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

So what is the status of it now? Still in pieces and apart?
Old 08-09-2016, 12:57 PM

I don't know the status of it now. I need to take it to a different shop and left them go over it and see what they say. It looks to be all there, but there is no oil dipstick tube. In the pic from last year you can see so much stuff uncovered so I don't know what might have gotten into the engine, oil, coolant system, supercharger. I would be scared to even try and start it but I've been hearing for the past year that it starts, and if it really did, why did it take so long to even get a running tune in it, or even an idle tune? And if I really never did pay why would a mechanic let it sit for over 4 years and never put a lien against it? The front passenger tire doesn't hold air anymore. He said he had 2 guys look at it this past year and even replaced the tire but when I checked the front tires this morning they have the exact same manufacture date from Week 7 of 2009. If you can buy a new tire this past year and find the exact same week and year of manufacture that is currently on there, then you're the man.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

I hate reading **** like this. You are right, nothing, under any circumstance should take this long.

There are a lot of shops in TX and if you want some recommendations, ask in a different thread.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:06 PM

Last edited by kfddakota; 08-09-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:08 PM

I hate reading about it too, but I am glad I saved all these messages of excuse after excuse; if not people would think I was making it up and bashing me. I would definitely like some recommendations to fix it. If I could even help one person by making a better decision of where to go, then I did my part.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Lemme see you joined this page just to trash talk a seasoned member and refuse to tell the whole story. You were removed From PT FB for the same thing. You have never once contributed to this community or FB. You have not paid your bill owed for the work on your TBSS. I hope Casey serves you the theft of services for the felony amount. The moderators should remove this bull crap and not allow you to bash a man's business when. It's you who can't pay the bill.

Quick Reply: Which shop to use.