Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Which shop to use.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In your response to the storage fees, I already had a storage unit I was renting in Temple to store my vehicles in when I was gone, or even then, I could keep my vehicles in the garage of the house I was living in at the time. Why both? Because it was easier to keep my vehicles in the storage building so my parents could pick me up from the storage building on the way to the airport instead of driving all the way to my house to pick me up. Plus, I have never had to take any of my vehicles to a shop to diagnose a problem and then tow it back to my house while they waited to get all the parts in stock needed to perform a job, and then tow it back to them. I've had a lot of work done in the past 10 years on my vehicles and have never had to do that.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:25 AM

And to say that I was never involved in the completion of this job is ludicrous. I could email you all 62 pages of Facebook messages and 21 pages of text messages and those don't lie about how involved I was with this thing. It is not my job to micromanage someone's business to make sure they are doing their job, and if it is, then they have a bad business model to begin with. There is no reason I should have to call a shop everyday just to inquire about the status of a vehicle, or if they are even doing work on it. At some point if they are telling me that it is almost finished, or that they are working on it, I should be able to trust them, shouldn't I? Not that it matters, but this is a 2006 Trailblazer SS 3 LT with only 16,000 miles on it and with over 17 grand in modifications done to it before I even blew the engine.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:25 AM

And to say that I was never involved in the completion of this job is ludicrous. I could email you all 62 pages of Facebook messages and 21 pages of text messages and those don't lie about how involved I was with this thing. It is not my job to micromanage someone's business to make sure they are doing their job, and if it is, then they have a bad business model to begin with.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:00 PM

Sheesh, I'm not even allowed to defend myself any more.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:55 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Not sure who deleted your posts, but I think you should be allowed to complain as much as you want until your issue is resolved.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:40 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Yeah I thought that was weird when the OP pm'd me and said that all of his post now had to be approved by a moderator from this point forward and that the reply to my post above was deleted.

Here is a direct copy/paste of his PM to me 8/18/16 around 6:30am:

Since it won't let me post in the thread with moderator approval, here is my response I was trying to write.

Actually I blew the engine when I was home on leave from Afghanistan in April 2012, and spent 2 more years there after I towed the truck over to Casey's place. I also came home during the month of August 2012, October 2012, July 2013, and November 2013 before I finally came home for good in May 2014. I told Casey that I also had family that live in the same city as his shop that can pick up the Trailblazer anytime the work was completed and that they could pay him. In your response to the storage fees, I already had a storage unit I was renting in Temple to store my vehicles in when I was gone, or even then, I could keep my vehicles in the garage of the house I was living in at the time. Why both? Because it was easier to keep my vehicles in the storage building so my parents could pick me up from the storage building on the way to the airport instead of driving all the way to my house to pick me up. Plus, I have never had to take any of my vehicles to a shop to diagnose a problem and then tow it back to my house while they waited to get all the parts in stock needed to perform a job, and then tow it back to them. I've had a lot of work done in the past 10 years on my vehicles and have never had to do that. And to say that I was never involved in the completion of this job is ludicrous. I could email you all 62 pages of Facebook messages and 21 pages of text messages and those don't lie about how involved I was with this thing. It is not my job to micromanage someone's business to make sure they are doing their job, and if it is, then they have a bad business model to begin with. There is no reason I should have to call a shop everyday just to inquire about the status of a vehicle, or if they are even doing work on it. At some point if they are telling me that it is almost finished, or that they are working on it, I should be able to trust them, shouldn't I? Not that it matters, but this is a 2006 Trailblazer SS 3 LT with only 16,000 miles on it and with over 17 grand in modifications done to it before I even blew the engine. This is definitely not some project that I went into not fully committed. Now, what would I like to make it right? How about fixing the body damage that was incurred while waiting for it to be completed. I don't think that is much to ask for, but at the same time, it is something that never should have happened in the first place. The body damage, interior damage, and wheel damage was just uncalled for.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:52 AM
8 Second Truck Club

I talked to Casey on the phone the other day (about some other stuff going on), then I asked him wtf was up with this whole ordeal.

I could tell he was pretty fed up with the whole situation that basically would be impossible to resolve.

My opinion on this matter counts for ****.....and I probably should not even be posting in this thread as I'm not a party to the matter. Only reason I felt the need to comment originally is that I've been good friends with Casey now for a long time and up until now have not really heard anyone complain about his program.

After hearing Casey and reading the OP's posts on here, I've pretty much settled on the idea that this is just one of those anomalies or situations that sucks. We all go through them.

The part that I'm typing below this text is being typed under the assumption that I am the OP (in other words, this is what I would do). Remember the OP lives just around the corner.

Go visit Casey face to face. Sit down and each of you (while respecting each other time to speak) lay out all of the issues that exist. Basically write down a point by point problem that needs to be addressed. Then see if there is a way to resolve each issue to the satisfaction of both parties. (Based on my conversation with Casey and reading this thread, it sounds like Casey will need to make some minor repairs to the truck in a timely fashion and finish the project originally laid out, it also sounds like there is a shortage of funds on the side of the OP's situation among some other minor things).

Go visit him man, he's a cool guy. Yall get this straightened out, then I'll come hang out and we'll knock back a few cold ones at little river.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 126 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
Unless casey stole a **** load of money from you, the 2 years storage fee alone makes any monetary issues non-existent.
I didn't see where any of the argument was about storage fees, so I'm not sure if you brought that up saying that it was possible OP owed the shop for storage, or if the shop actually claimed that. Either way, to clear up the storage issue in general, in Texas you can't just charge storage on a vehicle unless you are a licensed storage facility (towing-related) - licensed meaning registered as such with TDLR. It doesn't matter if you have a sign up that says vehicles not picked up will be charged storage, it doesn't matter if the customer even signs an agreement to pay storage. No kidding on this at all. This isn't to say that there aren't people out there that have been charged storage and paid it, but it wasn't legal. Source: I am a former Texas vehicle storage facility license holder.

Richard
Old 08-23-2016, 01:03 PM

Thanks Blown06. I agree, I should talk to Casey in person, but when I tried to 2 weeks ago when he asked me to he did not show up since he was upset that I did not take down the negative post I made about this situation on Facebook. Regardless, it may be too late since I already took it to another shop to get fixed and up and running the way it should be. I honestly wish I knew where this unpaid balance came in to play because all I can prove is what I have in email and text messages. I cannot prove what Casey and I talked about in person, but as you can see, this unpaid balance was never brought up in any of our documented correspondence. And as you can see in this pic, I was, and still am, good for the balance if that was the case.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:37 AM
8 Second Truck Club

OP,

I read the last pm you sent me. I am sorry that you are having issues posting. I am not a moderator so I can't do anything about it.

...at this point, I think I am going to just remove myself from the matter. This is between you and Casey.

Like I said, I probably should have never gotten involved. The only reason I felt compelled to get involved is this: I hate to see what I know is a good guy (that used to be a major contributor to the site) catching some negative reviews when I know he is not here to defend himself.

My intentions where never to take any sides, only help provide another side of the story since he is not an active forum member anymore. I hope that everyone recognizes this. This is my last post in this thread. OP, I hope you end up satisfied with your tbss build regardless of what direction you take with it.

Good luck to all involved.

Quick Reply: Which shop to use.