TECHNICAL WRITE-UPS A place for great instructional threads by members and moderators.

OEM Navigation upgrade for GMT800's

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have had some periods of noise resurface. What seems to be going on is bleed over. It would be similar to running the CDX via a wired RF antenna modulator. You hear the CDX audio but some of XM or FM audio is bleeding in causing the distortion. I have also had a few times where it would not switch to the CDX saying there is no disc in the CDX when there was 1 or more disc in the CDX. I am wondering what controls the switch between the CDX and the XM. If there is a wire that acts as a trigger to switch between them it could be there is a fault in that some place. If there is no such trigger then I need to figure out what controls the switching between the CDX and the other sources. It seems the "switch" some times only partially switches causing both audio sources to play at once.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:27 PM

THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST WRITE UPS i'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME !!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Teching In

Hi
About OEM Navigation upgrade for GMT800's
Please I want to help
My car's 2005 Yukon Xl SLT
my pro code : UQ7 . UM8 , UK3 , UK6 , U2K , U42
UE1, gm nav part: 10377287 this a stock in my car
I purchased gm nav part: 15800001and 6 Disc CD Changer
What do I need Change ?
Do I need to change BOSE CENTER CONSOLE WIRING HARNESS and AMPLIFIER P/N 15114454 for YUKON DENALI ?
Is 6 Disc CD Changer wire is available on my car
Thank you
Old 05-06-2016, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by SALEH2015
Hi
About OEM Navigation upgrade for GMT800's
Please I want to help
My car's 2005 Yukon Xl SLT
my pro code : UQ7 . UM8 , UK3 , UK6 , U2K , U42
UE1, gm nav part: 10377287 this a stock in my car
I purchased gm nav part: 15800001and 6 Disc CD Changer
What do I need Change ?
Do I need to change BOSE CENTER CONSOLE WIRING HARNESS and AMPLIFIER P/N 15114454 for YUKON DENALI ?
Is 6 Disc CD Changer wire is available on my car
Thank you
Correct, that amp will work for what you are trying to do.
As far as the 6 Disc CD Changer wire, if your vehicle did not already have a CDX you will need to source a pig tail to connect to the one you are adding.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mnim15
Correct, that amp will work for what you are trying to do.
As far as the 6 Disc CD Changer wire, if your vehicle did not already have a CDX you will need to source a pig tail to connect to the one you are adding.
Thanks mnim15, SALEH2015 is in Saudi Arabia, some of the functions work a bit different over there.

SALE2015 I worked on this via PM to keep the discussions to a minimum, he was widen my gaze a bit. I plan to add a international parts list that suits them better along with the some other options they have, I just been little busy to with some important life stuff.

Thanks everyone for the views and input please keep them coming.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found this old thread on a search, couldn't find it before I posted my question on the subject.

I've got an 03 3500 crew cab LT, had Bose, non luxury, non navi. The Delco/Panasonic 6 disc changer died. Replaced it with a Pioneer unit, the AVH -X5800BHS, I think, with the add on module to make all the truck functions, steering switches, etc, work, it also has a Sirius add on unit behind the glove box. While I've got the truck apart for window problems, I'm looking at upgrading the speakers. TS-A1606C for the doors, and TS-T110 tweeters for the A pillars. I found a TS-SW2002D2 8" subwoofer I'd like to put in the console, I can fabricate as necessary.

While I was looking at fabricating a mounting for that subwoofer, I ran across some info about the luxury amp vs my premium amp. I'd love to upgrade, if possible, but if I'm reading correctly in this thread, the luxury amp simply will not function with an aftermarket stereo head unit. Is that correct?

Old 06-18-2016, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 3500Silverado
Found this old thread on a search, couldn't find it before I posted my question on the subject.

I've got an 03 3500 crew cab LT, had Bose, non luxury, non navi. The Delco/Panasonic 6 disc changer died. Replaced it with a Pioneer unit, the AVH -X5800BHS, I think, with the add on module to make all the truck functions, steering switches, etc, work, it also has a Sirius add on unit behind the glove box. While I've got the truck apart for window problems, I'm looking at upgrading the speakers. TS-A1606C for the doors, and TS-T110 tweeters for the A pillars. I found a TS-SW2002D2 8" subwoofer I'd like to put in the console, I can fabricate as necessary.

While I was looking at fabricating a mounting for that subwoofer, I ran across some info about the luxury amp vs my premium amp. I'd love to upgrade, if possible, but if I'm reading correctly in this thread, the luxury amp simply will not function with an aftermarket stereo head unit. Is that correct?

That's correct the Lux amp requires a different radio/head unit as the wiring/signals are different plus the audio pilot mic (not saying you can't get it to work, just saying I haven't tried nor do I own a GMT 800 anymore).

If your going this far, just bypass the amps and run what ever you want, this was designed for a OEM integration radio/amp how-to. I didn't branch into other brands and swapping aftermarket head-units/amps as there are too many variables for me to check and comment on.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply.

I'm seeing elsewhere (other forum) that the PAC interface I have, PAC GM11, works for both the 7 speaker "Premium" unit, and the 9 speaker "Luxury" unit, and this was confirmed by Paul, the tech at Crutchfield.

So, I'll keep looking. Now I need to find the wiring diagrams, or the instructions on how to swap the wires and where, and a part number for the best "Luxury" amp for a crew cab truck.

I'll post back with everything I learn, and if anyone knows where to find that part number and/or the wiring info, I'd sure appreciate it.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 3500Silverado
Thanks for the reply.

I'm seeing elsewhere (other forum) that the PAC interface I have, PAC GM11, works for both the 7 speaker "Premium" unit, and the 9 speaker "Luxury" unit, and this was confirmed by Paul, the tech at Crutchfield.

So, I'll keep looking. Now I need to find the wiring diagrams, or the instructions on how to swap the wires and where, and a part number for the best "Luxury" amp for a crew cab truck.

I'll post back with everything I learn, and if anyone knows where to find that part number and/or the wiring info, I'd sure appreciate it.
to convert from the non-lux to lux is posted in a link.

LINK
Old 06-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Thank you! Found that after reading your reply and doing more searching.

Seems like that should work for me, since according to Paul at Crutchfield my PAC GM11 interface works with both the "lux" and "premium" systems, and my head unit is listed for trucks with and without navi, and for both 7 speaker "premium" and 9 speaker "lux" systems.

I'm just trying to be super careful and not fry anything.

I found several "454" (last three digits of PN) "lux" amps on ebay for $100 or less shipped. Those are listed as a good PN for this conversion.

Doing this will allow me to replace every speaker in the system with a top of the line aftermarket speaker, and upgrade the amp at the same time for under $550. That should be everything I've ever wanted or needed in this truck.

Maybe I'm crazy, but this is a cream puff truck, I got a good deal, and you can't really find too many 8.1L trucks like mine now. I want to keep this one a long time. I've got a ton of spares, and the mechanical upgrades are easy for me as an engineering tech for a major OE.

I've got a top drawer electrical engineer to look over everything for me, So I think I'm good. When this project is done, I'll post up the results, we'll make note of any changes we find necessary.

Thanks again.
The following users liked this post:
chevybowtie (08-15-2018)

Quick Reply: OEM Navigation upgrade for GMT800's