STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Remote Start T Harness for 03-06 Silverados?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start T Harness for 03-06 Silverados?

Why is it that nobody sells these anymore. Been trying to find out that question for about year or so. I can't seem to find an alternative to not cutting or splitting into the column harness. Do they not sell them anymore cause they are a fire hazard???
Old 01-08-2017, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out Flashlogic. I just installed a plug and play remote start kit from them in my 2013 Sierra. Ordered it off eBay and came pre-programmed. Install was 15-20min tops.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve-O-08
Check out Flashlogic. I just installed a plug and play remote start kit from them in my 2013 Sierra. Ordered it off eBay and came pre-programmed. Install was 15-20min tops.
03-06 are different. I can never really get an answer to why though I can't get a remote start t harness for these year of trucks. They used to be made but are no longer available.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

if you find out how to do the install that easily, please post up results. I'd be very interested in doing the same.

Woke up to 6 degrees outside today and I'm not about driving a cold truck
Old 01-09-2017, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

It's not hard to wire up one into the existing harness, but if you ever remove the remote start to sell vehicle, then you will have to add some wire for the one you cut in half. I chose not to use a T harness because it's hard enough getting the wires tucked under the column in stock form, and another plug harness would be a pain. There's a great write-up on a Yukon forum I followed
Old 02-22-2017, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

So your looking for the Bull Dog security GM12 T-harness. I searched for like 5 months randomly on google and ebay and what not. I finally found one like a year ago. It worked great but was very challenging to make it fit inside the steering column shroud. The harness is very bulky because of the wire guage. I ended up messing up the clips on my column shroud and had to pick one up from a junk yard. Ended up costing me a lot more that just trimming some wire insulation back and soldering to it.

I had never used a harness before but have installed several remote starts. I would suggest just getting your wire strippers and sliding the insulation back without cutting the wire. Wrap new wire around and solder it. If for any reason you ever remove the remote start you can just cut away the new wire where you soldered and tape everything back up.