STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

nnbs speakers not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nnbs speakers not working

I have a 2008 silverado. I dont have the premium sound ,but my door speakers are starting to rarely work. When they're on they sound good. When they arent all i have are the little ones behind my head. BTW its a rcsb. Have any of you had this problem? and where should i look first? Thanks for the help.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Veteran

new speakers. The factory ones are crap and I've had 2 factory front door speakers go out on the passenger side.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1_camaro_z28
I have a 2008 silverado. I dont have the premium sound ,but my door speakers are starting to rarely work. When they're on they sound good. When they arent all i have are the little ones behind my head. BTW its a rcsb. Have any of you had this problem? and where should i look first? Thanks for the help.
same probably on my 08 rcsb. i suppose it is a common problem. i hated it especially when i am listening to a good song.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

First set of speakers the passenger side intermittently stopped working, then would come on again after a while. Would get static at times, then stopped working altogether. I pulled the door panel and used my electrical tester and was showing power to the speaker but no sound. So I pulled my drivers side speaker and it worked perfectly. The front door speaker is not blown, no physical damage to it, its just dead.

Got a replacement set of speakers from a member on the site, and replaced the passenger side speaker. Since then, I've had to replace the passenger side speaker with the other replacement I got from Schino. Have had no issues with the drivers side, but the back passenger side speaker is blown too.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Launching!

Sounds to me like you have a pinched wire. Have you ever took out the radio? Could have pinched the wires when you replaced it. I know I had to push the wires back before the radio would sit flush again.

My driver side speaker has a big ol hole in it but it still works fine, just can hear the vibs when I crank it up.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the help! Mines doing the exact thing, sometimes they'll work sometimes they dont. most of the time they dont. i guess ill be replacing the speakers. And ive never had the stereo out nor the door panels off. Thanks again for all the help guys.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Bow-Tie-Beast
Sounds to me like you have a pinched wire. Have you ever took out the radio? Could have pinched the wires when you replaced it. I know I had to push the wires back before the radio would sit flush again.

My driver side speaker has a big ol hole in it but it still works fine, just can hear the vibs when I crank it up.
Not sure if you were talking to me or the OP? I have had the radio out and checked all the wires and connections, for some reasons, I keep losing the passenger side door speaker, and they are not blown, so it has to be a wiring connection issue at the speakers themselves.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Banned

I seem to have a similar issue that I posted yesterday. The drivers side seem to work off and on. The tweeter sounds like its still working. But could the both drivers side speakers stop working at the same time and it be that both speakers are junk?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:44 PM

Default Reply

Speakers going bad on the 08 models are very common. The reason is because of the design for the water drain in the door. When it rains, the water runs down the inside of door and soaks the back side of the speaker. Changing the factory speaker with a premium speaker will fix the problem. Also, all alarms and chimes sound through driver side door speaker.... Turn signals, etc. be sure to get the speaker adapter for the silverado 06 and up. You do have to trim the tabs, but they are cut to break away easily for removal.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Teching In

My 07 CCSB is doing the same thing. The pillar tweeters sound fine but most of the times the door speakers are off and turn on from time to time. Anyone figure this out yet ? Sounds like the OE speakers are

Quick Reply: nnbs speakers not working