STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

2011 silverado, stock Bose, Nav, XM..Idatalink with Pioneer 4100NEX

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 silverado, stock Bose, Nav, XM..Idatalink with Pioneer 4100NEX

I am at an actual loss on this. I don't know what to do. I want the stock unit out. I want my amp and speakers in.

I have that stock bose navigation and want to put in the new 4100NEX from Pioneer.

The problem is I have no idea where to begin. I saw this idatalink thing that retains all the stock features like XM. So does XM get fed into the head unit for me to control through there or what?

Can I easily bypass the amp. I feel like I should have just got an LT lol.

There was someone around here that build a sub box IN their center console, does anyone know what I am talking about? I searched but couldn't find anything.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:02 PM
Restricted

It's really no big deal, you're going to need a wiring harness, can't remember the part number right now, but it's about $150 maybe less at best buy. This will allow you to keep the factory Bose if you have it and all your factory door chimes, onstar, etc. PAC also makes a add on piece that's about $40-50 bucks, which allows you to keep all your steering wheel control functions.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Restricted

And what amp and speakers are you trying to install; mids and highs, subs, ?
Old 04-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Trying...as if these aren't going in :p

Tweeters: ScanSpeak Illuminator D3004/6020-00
Mids: SB Acoustics SB17NAC35-8
Sub: Dayton Audio RSS210HO-4 <-Best freaking 8" sub on the planet. Sure it won't shake your car apart but it sounds good, its loud, and its very very clean. On my PRS I had that thing almost flat according to my measurement mic and roomeq wizard.

Amp is my Alpine MRX-V70. You don't need a lot of watts running active. Even then 50 watts pumping into a tweeter or woofer will make you deaf so yea. The last setup was able to push 120db on some songs...I was wearing ear protection though.

I will use the 8100NEX to 2, 2x4 MiniDSPs for control over the individual speakers. I cannot wait to get it done. I am ordering the speakers tomorrow, the tweeters had to be flown in from somewhere.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:29 AM
Restricted

Originally Posted by 2K Silvy
Trying...as if these aren't going in :p

Tweeters: ScanSpeak Illuminator D3004/6020-00
Mids: SB Acoustics SB17NAC35-8
Sub: Dayton Audio RSS210HO-4 <-Best freaking 8" sub on the planet. Sure it won't shake your car apart but it sounds good, its loud, and its very very clean. On my PRS I had that thing almost flat according to my measurement mic and roomeq wizard.

Amp is my Alpine MRX-V70. You don't need a lot of watts running active. Even then 50 watts pumping into a tweeter or woofer will make you deaf so yea. The last setup was able to push 120db on some songs...I was wearing ear protection though.

I will use the 8100NEX to 2, 2x4 MiniDSPs for control over the individual speakers. I cannot wait to get it done. I am ordering the speakers tomorrow, the tweeters had to be flown in from somewhere.
You're good then! Just get a GMOS-LAN-01 or GMOS-LAN-02 wiring harness. The 01 is the non amplified version, that you may be able to use since you're not going to be using the factory Bose amplifier anymore, and the 02 is the factory amplified version. you can adjust your door chime volume with this harness too. Then get the PAC steering wheel control interface piece. Should be a fun install! That 8100nex is a sweet head unit!

Last edited by JordanH; 04-21-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

I went with the idatalink setup. I wanted to retain XM, Onstar and everything. That was crucial.

I have everything but the actual head unit on the way. I'll make another thread soon about the build...I don't think using this would make sense.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Restricted

I went with the idatalink setup. I wanted to retain XM, Onstar and everything. That was crucial.

I have everything but the actual head unit on the way. I'll make another thread soon about the build...I don't think using this would make sense.
Either way works... But just so you know the wiring harness I was telling you about (GMOS-LAN-012) retains all your factory functions as well; onstar, Bose, door chimes, etc.

I've always used the access harnesses for my installs, but from what I've read the Idatalink maestro pieces are good as well.... Especially when using the aftermarket pioneer nex head units... Something about them linking up and functioning properly with this particular harness. I believe with the Idatalink maestro you don't have to get a separate piece for your steering wheel controls.. I think it's all built into that device.

Last edited by JordanH; 04-23-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Ahh..well that is cool and cheaper for most people without all the other options. I didn't wanna buy a new XM unit as this apparently "just works."

I will give my impressions once it begins to come together. One thing I am NOT happy about is nothing seems to be able to retain the ability for onstar to push maps to the nav unit.

For anyone wondering it was $147.35 shipped to the door for the box and cables. It includes the door chime speaker and such.

iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR
iDataLink Maestro HRN-RR-GM5 GM5+
Old 04-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Restricted

Ahh..well that is cool and cheaper for most people without all the other options. I didn't wanna buy a new XM unit as this apparently "just works."

I will give my impressions once it begins to come together. One thing I am NOT happy about is nothing seems to be able to retain the ability for onstar to push maps to the nav unit.

For anyone wondering it was $147.35 shipped to the door for the box and cables. It includes the door chime speaker and such.

iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR
iDataLink Maestro HRN-RR-GM5 GM5+
Both the harnesses do the exact same thing... You never had to buy anything for the xm radio to work, because almost all aftermarket head units these days are xm compatible, it's just an extra signal, think of it like your radio has an extra auxiliary input just for the xm signal... That's all it is. Now the 8100nex pioneer is a super awesome head unit, and you will have no need for the onstar map thing once you get the hang of the 8100. You'll probably use your phone ( mirror linked to the head unit) more than anything.