Sponsor's Announcements, Sales, and Specials This is for our site sponsors to make announcements

NEP 2014+ GM Truck Twin Turbo Kit Now Available! Limited Time Intro Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Understandable point of view! Just to further expand on that, we also offer all of the stainless components under the vehicle in a black ceramic coating as an option. The aluminum charge piping can also be powder coated. These options are available in drop-down menus on the website. I'm sure they could help protect the material.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:43 AM
Teching In

Having this truck be my DD in Wyoming, this is also a concern of mine. Granted it's not really deterring me from purchasing the kit. But is there any plans to build a kit that mounts the turbos in the engine bay? Or is as you said the air filters the only real concern. This would be my first turbo setup so I'm not really sure on how they hold up to the elements.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO
Having this truck be my DD in Wyoming, this is also a concern of mine. Granted it's not really deterring me from purchasing the kit. But is there any plans to build a kit that mounts the turbos in the engine bay? Or is as you said the air filters the only real concern. This would be my first turbo setup so I'm not really sure on how they hold up to the elements.
As I said, there are no parts of the kit beneath the truck that I see could be affected by most elements. To address any additional concern, the stainless parts are offered with an optional ceramic coating that could even further protect them. At this time, there are no plans to build a top-mount kit, though it is not completely out of the question.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike @ New Era
As I said, there are no parts of the kit beneath the truck that I see could be affected by most elements. To address any additional concern, the stainless parts are offered with an optional ceramic coating that could even further protect them. At this time, there are no plans to build a top-mount kit, though it is not completely out of the question.
Awesome thanks. I'm still very interested in the kit either way!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Great job guys, way to get this out there. I am sure a lot of interest is going to come from your hard work. Nice to see a local crew going hard at the new generation of GM motors!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike @ New Era
We do make a kit that you can see here on our 2012 RCSB. The truck is currently runs low 11's conservatively and is our shop owner's daily driver. Every single part on the truck is available through us. Unfortunately, our website does have some issues and we are working on that at this time. A new website should be rolling out within the next month or two that will have all of these parts listed. If you have any questions about the kit for earlier models, contact us and we'll be happy to help!
That truck is kick *** also. I like this style better because the turbos are down out of sight .
Old 11-19-2014, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO
The first turbo kit I had on my truck was a STS rear mount and I DD'ed it for 2 years in Wyoming with out any problems. Even with the filter exposed. Just had to clean it more often. If you run filter socks treated with Scotch Gard, that will keep the water out.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kbracing96
The first turbo kit I had on my truck was a STS rear mount and I DD'ed it for 2 years in Wyoming with out any problems. Even with the filter exposed. Just had to clean it more often. If you run filter socks treated with Scotch Gard, that will keep the water out.
Awesome! That's good to know, thanks for the input.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:38 PM
Teching In

I have a few questions for you.

The kit looks like it uses the factory exhaust manfiolds. Would upgrading the factory headers to aftermarket headers help, and if so, what design would you guys prefer?

For the catch can you guys designed for this, can you show more information on it or the style of design you use for the baffling of the can?

What programmer or tuner do you guys prefer for these newer trucks with going boost?
Old 08-28-2015, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone buy one of these yet?