SPONSOR PROJECTS, BUILDS, & CUSTOMERS TRUCKS Sponsor's have their own projects and customer's cars they'd like to show off too! Check them out here!

On 3 Performance New Truck Turbo System and Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up going with vibrant 1.5" and 1.75 V-band clamps and replaced the wastegate clamps. To get my waste gate sealed I mounted the downpipe to the turbo and had the turbo mounted to the manifold but neither all the way tight.

I then got my WG clamped to the downpipe and used a small pry bar and another set of hands to mount the clamp on the WG to the manifold (pipe with flex). Once I get everything clamped I then tightened it all down and checked for leaks.

If I ever swap turbos I'll get rid of the recirculated pipe.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MustangMatt96GT
I am installing the kit on a 2000 Sierra 2wd. The kit does not fit well at all...

The cross over had a 3/16-¼ gap at the v band there, and the flex is pretty flexed already to get things to tighten up.

The down pipe does not fit and I had to cut and reweld it so it went further down under the cab of the truck, not to mention the waste gate does not fit very well either.

On the Sierra trucks there is not a way to put the intercooler low like you do on the silverado. I took the intercooler piping and made my own and mounted the intercooler differently.

The kit does not fit well in my experience at all and I think it needs to be considered by on3 before more kits are shipped. If I didn't know how to fab and have the equipment to fab the required pieces this could easily turn into a nightmare for the customer paying. Luckily in this case it is a buddy of mine that owns the truck and I am taking care of it.

My 2cents....

Matthew at Never Lift Racecars

Do you have photos of the intercooler placement on the Sierra trucks for us? We have a 1500 silverado that we used, is the frame rails in the front different on these trucks then? Thats what the brackets go to and would have to be the only way it could throw that off.

I have a production kit on my truck and if it didnt fit up correctly, we wouldnt continue to sell the kits. There is no issues on the downpipe if you follow the directions I have posted in this thread. I pulled a production kit to fit up and make those directions. If you didnt add the clamp in the downpipe as shown a few pages back, there would be a fitment issue to address.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor

2 updates, we have got in the sample set of spark plug wires custom for these trucks. Im going to test fit them on my truck to verify fitment and we should have some stock within the next 2-3 weeks. This makes it much easier to fit the wires on the passenger side and will eliminate you from having to buy a builder set to clean up that side and avoid burning them up

I do have conformation that the new external dump tubes are complete. I believe we should have some within the next week. So for those wanting to vent their wastegate to atmosphere, we can take orders anytime
Old 04-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor

Name:  DSC07400_zps0d365383.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  33.1 KB
Old 04-29-2014, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much are the dump tubes and where are you routing them to?
Old 04-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor

Dump tubes will be $80 and they are routed forward just like you see on my truck in some of the photos

We also are going to be running a small production shortly of a tubular header to replace the factory manifold on the driverside that the kit was designed around.

Name:  DSC07409_zps9a526051.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  25.3 KB

Name:  DSC07410_zps014df873.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  21.6 KB
Old 04-30-2014, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Will you be making downpipes that don't require being cut and clamped? Seems like a flaw that should be addressed.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not finding the pictures with the down tube routing, all of the pictures on your truck are routed to down pipe.. I would be interested in the header depending on price.... What are they going to be sold for?
Old 05-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor

They will be $80 and we can weld the downpipe for sure if you wanted to go external wastegated. Im waiting on a quote back on the piece to get laser cut and will be around .5 hour labor for cutting and welding that shut. All kits we have are produced for it to be recirculated
Old 05-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ACLR8R
Will you be making downpipes that don't require being cut and clamped? Seems like a flaw that should be addressed.
I dont see it as a flaw at all, it actually allows for the downpipe to have more adjustment than if it was welded.

Quick Reply: On 3 Performance New Truck Turbo System and Build