SPONSOR PROJECTS, BUILDS, & CUSTOMERS TRUCKS Sponsor's have their own projects and customer's cars they'd like to show off too! Check them out here!

On 3 Performance New Truck Turbo System and Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one3 yea i understand and i prolly will stick with t4 i just wanted the t6 so in the long run i can use it on another build. just personal preference. and ideal yea i know the dp would have to be modified i was already figuring i would just have to make one.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:14 PM

i have GMC sierra 2009 4WD 5.3
the engine and the trans is upgraded for 550+
how much the kit for single turbo 80 or 88mm BB
if i choose twin turbo did u can build it ?
and also how much ?
Old 04-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Any confirmation on fitment for GMT900s? I have an 08 Escalade and am ready to do this. I like your manifold design much better than most.

I think the 70mm turbo will be too small for the 6.2L - your site shows upgrade prices to go to the 76mm, but what about a 78mm or an 80mm? What are the flow ratings or HP capabilities of them?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by salim971
i have GMC sierra 2009 4WD 5.3
the engine and the trans is upgraded for 550+
how much the kit for single turbo 80 or 88mm BB
if i choose twin turbo did u can build it ?
and also how much ?
We do not have a twin system and nothing in the works as of now either, just the single system.

Originally Posted by langsbr
Any confirmation on fitment for GMT900s? I have an 08 Escalade and am ready to do this. I like your manifold design much better than most.

I think the 70mm turbo will be too small for the 6.2L - your site shows upgrade prices to go to the 76mm, but what about a 78mm or an 80mm? What are the flow ratings or HP capabilities of them?

Wish I had the answer but to my knowledge, we havent had anyone test one to this point. I would run the larger turbo for sure on that application, the 76 would be a good option
Old 04-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Former Vendor

Sorry just still dont have an idea on when we might have some of the dump tubes stocked. Its just a simple 90 bend is all it takes, if you want a new flange, $15 shipped to your door. That way you start with a fresh flange and makes welding it up a little easier
Old 04-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Chad or Adam,

Please look at the photos and tell me how what I am doing wrong. I have the intercooler mounted but it sits way higher than what your do in the pictures. I emailed you looking for instructions or photos at the very least so that I can make sure I get this right. If I can get some information I just might have this done by tomorrow otherwise I'll be back on here with more pictures and questions.

BTW: I also emailed you a couple of times last weekend so I can get a better view of how to route the cold pipes.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails On 3 Performance New Truck Turbo System and Build-photo.jpg   On 3 Performance New Truck Turbo System and Build-photo2.jpg  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Former Vendor

I cant see anything thats going on behind the bumper from those photos. I can send you the direction file though, whats your email address again?

Do you have the i/c brackets on the top or the bottom of the frame rail
Old 04-16-2014, 09:40 AM
Teching In

already got it installed, I figured it all out, I will say the WG is a very difficult fit. It almost appears the re-circulation pipe needs to be 1/2"-3/4" longer, I am ordering new V-Band clamps because I have a leak there. The V-Bands that come with the WG are just not getting it done for me.

As far as the intercooler brackets, those wouldn't work for me. Take some out and test fit them, they don't put the intercooler in the right spot, it sits about 3" too high.

I'll message you with my email, overall I'm back together and running just waiting for some O2 extensions and those 2" and 1/34" v-band clamps for the WG, then I can send it off for my tune next week.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Yeah wg and downpipe are a pita to fit i had a small leak on dp from weird fitment from wg
Old 04-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Teching In

I am installing the kit on a 2000 Sierra 2wd. The kit does not fit well at all...

The cross over had a 3/16-¼ gap at the v band there, and the flex is pretty flexed already to get things to tighten up.

The down pipe does not fit and I had to cut and reweld it so it went further down under the cab of the truck, not to mention the waste gate does not fit very well either.

On the Sierra trucks there is not a way to put the intercooler low like you do on the silverado. I took the intercooler piping and made my own and mounted the intercooler differently.

The kit does not fit well in my experience at all and I think it needs to be considered by on3 before more kits are shipped. If I didn't know how to fab and have the equipment to fab the required pieces this could easily turn into a nightmare for the customer paying. Luckily in this case it is a buddy of mine that owns the truck and I am taking care of it.

My 2cents....

Matthew at Never Lift Racecars

Quick Reply: On 3 Performance New Truck Turbo System and Build