Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Thunder Racing...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Thunder Racing...

I'm not sure if they're even a sponsor or not, but figured this is where I should post regardless. Mods feel free to move the thread if it need to be somewhere else

WHAT A JOKE! I placed an order with them, for/through a customer of mine, on 9/17/12 for a cam, head gaskets and timing chain. I have been in contact with them at least once a week since the order was placed checking on it and making sure there was no problems. After it had been about 2 1/2 weeks I was starting to get irritated but they just kept on telling me they were waiting on comp and as soon as they recieved the cam from comp the order would ship out to me. Well fast forward to last Tuesday, 10/16, am I called once again and talked with someone who I had never spoke with before. She seemed as annoyed by the situation and everything taking so long as I did. She told me she would get the gaskets and chain shipped out immediately and have the cam drop shipped from comp instead of going to them first. Well the customer of mine received a box on Wednesday from them as promised and when he brings the parts to me today he has a timing chain and water pump gaskets..... Those don't do me much good so I just got off the phone with Thunder yet again and they are shipping me what I actually ordered now and still no word on the cam... And now the part that really annoyed me. They have been telling me for over a month now that they're waiting on comp and that there's nothing that can be done. But when I was talking to them now he said since the cam is being drop shipped from comp that they should have gotten started on it on Tuesday as soon as they received the order! Excuse me?!?!? The should have GOTTEN STARTED on it on Tuesday?!?!? So what the hell has been going once the past four weeks?!?!? Why did they just receive the order??

Needless to say I'm quite annoyed, my customer is quite annoyed and now we still don't even have the right parts!

I've heard similar stories about people having the same issues with Thumder but figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they could come through. But they havent even come close to hitting the mark and now have yet another dissatisfied one time customer...
Old 10-19-2012, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This sucks! Sorry for you bro I know how you feel. Everything I do seem to go like this.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I buy my parts local, for the last cam I ordered I insisted on them putting their hands on the cam and taking an oath that they are not lying to me. Two days later its waiting on the porch after work.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

My first and last order to Stylin Concepts went similar to this about 8 or 9 years ago. I swore I would never order anything again from them after I cancelled the order, and I never did to this day. I have heard a bunch of stories about TR as well with similar problems like you are having.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself being local to TR I have friends that have had all these same issues. I bought a set a valve seals from them strictly because I was in a crunch and that's it. I'm not a fan at all.

Took them 5 months to "build" a 3000 stalled convertor for a coworkers 1500hd. It gets installed and is a 4000-4200, Useless.

Another guy I know had them build a stroker for his chrysler 300, I wanna say that's going on 2 years now.

I did a dod delete/cam install for a local here that got all his stuff from them. They give him a 3 bolt cam for his Gen4, an easy fix by a quick run to the dealership, but still unplanned. He was also missing half his valve seals from his spring kit.

The stories go on and on. Needless to say they don't receive my business
Old 10-21-2012, 07:09 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
My first and last order to Stylin Concepts went similar to this about 8 or 9 years ago. I swore I would never order anything again from them after I cancelled the order, and I never did to this day. I have heard a bunch of stories about TR as well with similar problems like you are having.
Yup Stylin concepts is also terrible to order from, messed up my McG's drop spindles TWICE! No more money from me.

Sorry to hear about your guys' issues with TR, bummer.

LOL at the hands on the cam oath!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:12 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

when you said that they were waiting on comp, my first thought was BS. Comp has a pretty quick turn around. usually around 3 days for custom grinds and it's been that way for ever. what i usually see happen is companies waiting until they have 10 cams (total guess lol) to submit to comp because they get some kind of reduced rate.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
when you said that they were waiting on comp, my first thought was BS. Comp has a pretty quick turn around. usually around 3 days for custom grinds and it's been that way for ever. what i usually see happen is companies waiting until they have 10 cams (total guess lol) to submit to comp because they get some kind of reduced rate.
Like EPS or whatever the flavor of the week was here awhile back
Old 10-21-2012, 02:04 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

yes, greg at eps waits until he has a good amount of cams to order all at once. i specifically asked pat g to spec my cam on any lobe besides EPS because i think waiting a month for a cam is stupid. tons of guys are willing to wait, but he lost my business on that fact alone.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea. that bs man..

I ordered my custom grind from comp.. MONDAY. last week.. it was ready to be picked up by THURSDAY.. same week ...

thats absolute BS

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing...