Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Performabuilt's Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by AndysC3
I still weigh in at 5300 lbs and I'm pushing about 400 HP to the wheels. But we'll see what happens when I get my procharger on.

And if I remember correctly, Atomic has a PB level 3 behind his supercharged 408.
Had, for about a month, and yes in that month it worked fine, but so would a stock trans. I sent it in for an 80e which broke in 2 weeks, and still didn't work after being shipped back to be fixed.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black04
Sucks about your situation. I don't think I'd worry about going to level 3. If their level 2 700hp trans cant handle 450hp then i doubt the level 3 will hold much more. Hopefully you have better luck with it after they fix it.

$800 to pull the trans sucks. Do you not have the space to do it yourself?
I have the space but dont really have the time to deal with it.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverado777
I have the space but dont really have the time to deal with it.
You can pull the tranny in 2 hours on the ground with the right tools.

definitely sucks, but I have seen nothing but bad new from ANY 4l60E's behind forced induction. The only one that really stands out is the Level 7 from FLT in Trever1t's truck
Old 02-13-2012, 01:15 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I am around when anyone needs me do i spend hours hovering over the various forums just to see what being said no. I do however address any issue directed to me in email or phone as quickly as possible. Sometimes I may not have the answers right then and may need to talk to someone else first. We are not a huge shop and we don’t have many extra people which is how we keep cost down for instance the "boss" does not just sit in the office all day waiting to answer questions from me he’s quiet busy and I send him a request and when he stops and checks messages he replies when that happens I reply as soon as possible. Bear in mind I field many many calls all day and into the night providing tech support etc. even for people who bought others products as I have many times for many people on this forum. In fact the OP called me about the converter during the holidays when everyone was closed including us and unlike many places he got an answer on the phone not a machine.

As for addressing this thread It is unfortunate that there was an issue we have and are doing everything possible to rectify the issue.

I usually do not get involved in threads of this nature unless necessary or at the final resolution because generally as I see almost happened above they turn into mud fest which ends up serving no one involved in any good way.

As for the trouble with the converter and unit I can only say sometimes things happen we have literally 1000s of satisfied customers and many right here on this forum with some very impressive power levels beating the crap out of them daily but reality sometimes stuff just breaks I have seen the exact same part by the same manufacturer break at 200 hp and hold at 800 so no way to say why you occasionally get a failure luckily for us the vast majority do hold out well else we wouldn’t be here all these years offering a two year warranty matched by none I’m aware of otherwise.

To the OP we are and will do everything we can to get you addressed asap and I will let you know what happened to the unit when I know.

Frank at Performabuilt
Old 03-01-2012, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Well my transmission finally was shipped out and arrived at Performabuilt on Tuesday. Frank let me know that the sprag assembly pretty much exploded inside the trans. He said they are going to replace the converter just to make sure the trans doesn't get put back in with something inside it. They also agreed to upgrade it to a level 3 as long as I pay the return shipping of $150 which I didn't think was a bad deal. I'm crossing my fingers that it gets shipped back out tomorrow but the way my luck as been going with the trans it will probably be out Monday or Tuesday. All in all Performabuilts customer service has been alot better this time around but the true test will be how it performs when I get it back.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Teching In

After putting two lvl 2 in my buddy's truck ( 05 single cab 5.3 a magnacharger 112) in less then a month the first one didn't last 500 miles of soft driving the second lasted about 1000. They upgraded him to a lvl3 for free. I just got done putting it in today but it took over a month to get the lvl3 back fingers are crossed it will last but that has made up my mind if my trans ever goes out I won't go with a performance built.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by performabuilt
To the OP we are and will do everything we can to get you addressed asap and I will let you know what happened to the unit when I know.
This statement alone should speak volumes. That's comparable to calling the hospital concerning your wife who just had surgery, and them telling you they'll call you back and let you know how she's doing once they find her.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

If the level three goes out....I'm getting an 80e
Old 03-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by CC05
This statement alone should speak volumes. That's comparable to calling the hospital concerning your wife who just had surgery, and them telling you they'll call you back and let you know how she's doing once they find her.
Are we seriously comparing the life of a human being to a broken piece of machinery? lol you guys are getting too serious about these trucks!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Well, as someone that will likely be in the market this summer, I think I just found 2 companies I won't be using.

I hope the OP get's everything resolved

Quick Reply: Performabuilt's Customer Service