Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Not impressed with my first dealings with Texas speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not impressed with my first dealings with Texas speed

I placed my order with them on monday 7/30. Gaskets and related items to do my head/cam swap. I was told all items were in stock and would ship that afternoon. Cool beans. So I figured I'd get a jump on things and tore my truck down expecting the gaskets to arrive on friday 8/3. I get an email on thursday 8/2 stating my order was processed and would ship on friday 8/3 with a delivery date of thursday 8/9. So now I have no truck for almost a week. I would have thought they could have done a little better job with their processing my order as my truck sits in a buddies garage awaiting parts that should have been here for a weekend re-assemble. I emailed them on this issue with no reply. Anybody else had issues like this with them? Not looking like I'll be a repeat customer
Old 08-06-2012, 08:31 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't tear your truck down before you have the parts??
Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dlt76028
Don't tear your truck down before you have the parts??
yea... it sucks, but that's a rule I have learned to go by.

Don't start until all parts are in hand. You can't rely on others most days...
Old 08-06-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy gaskets and related parts local? Txs speed drags **** when it comes to shipping.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

dang man if you talked to someone and they told you that they would go out same day that sucks. But rule of thumb, don't remove a bolt until you have everything. What if it would have gotten lost in the mail? Then you really would have been screwed.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Never had them ship parts to me since they are local but from my experience with them i give em a big thumbs up! They always answer my calls and almost always have parts in stock that i need and if not they gladly call sdpc and check if they have the parts i need so i can get em that day. I agree with te rest of the guys too... Dont tear down the truck till u have all the parts. Alot of times the shipment gets delayed or lost ect.ect. Hope u get your parts in soon so you can get your truck back together
Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

it usually take texas speed a week to ship to indiana. which isnt all that bad.ive ordered from them a few times without a problem.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm in a similar situation, I placed my cam and LT order on November 24/2012
its now dec 16 and its still not even shipped, I had huge hopes of installing before christmas.
I've emailed TSP a few times and its actually not their fault, its pacesetter thats taking the sweet time to send them the ORY and thats the story of almost any TSP complaint I see; the other company taking their time sending them the product to be sent to you. super irritating and very disapointing; I couldnt imagine having my heads off waiting on parts though thatd be terrible. I will deal with them again, but I will certianly be calling to see what parts are in stock and maybe even pay extra to have seperate packages sent out

Last edited by AUTOT3K; 12-16-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
I've emailed TSP a few times and its actually not their fault....

actually, it would be their fault. they shouldn't advertise and sell items as "in-stock" if they dont actually have them in hand.

if they dont have the item, it should be listed with: "note: this item may take 2-3 weeks to ship", or however long they will be waiting.

i've haven't ordered from them yet, but if i do it will be well in advance of when i need the parts. if its something i need immediately, there are other places i can order from that do actually ship same day, every time.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Baltimore Whore

Does suck, but I would and do not ever take anything off untill I have parts in front of me. I have had some issues with them over stuff, but they have always ,made it rite, i will continue to use them.

Agreed that if they say it will be to you by such and such it should be or a discount on shipping or something should be offered. I have ordered chit next day air from other places and get it in 3 days, am like wtf is this, call them and they have a disclaimer saying when it is pulled it will ship next day air. Phuckers

Quick Reply: Not impressed with my first dealings with Texas speed