Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

CalSpeed Performance: COME INSIDE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 01:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CalSpeed Performance: COME INSIDE!

Ever since I've been on this site, people have asked hundreds of quesions about CalSpeed's headers. I'm aware that CalSpeed is not a sponsor--I'm not trying to sell or promote their products, trust me. Recently, CalSpeed seems to only put their few comments in on the threads where they think they've got a sale, ignoring other comments directed towards them, that they evidently don't feel obligated to answer.

As of recently, people have really seemed to bitch about and question fitment of the headers. CalSpeed's site says one thing, members say another, and CalSpeed's employees negate both. But mainly, I wrote to get CalSpeed's attention. I want CalSpeed to make EVERYTHING UNIFORM. I've never seen a "company" so half-assed in my life. I shouldn't be frustrated, but I am; that's why I've made this post. I've asked numerous times for a picture(s) of their "production facility", that's supposedly located in the U.S.--no pictures of the facility, no comments back on my posts that are directed towards them, no nothing. I've asked them about fitment--no answer. I've asked them for patent numbers, anything--no response. If someone seems willing to buy, CalSpeed jumps in on a prompt reply. When I ask a simple question, that KB, Trick, Circle-D, Ace, or any other sponsors would answer immediately and without hesitation, CalSpeed just won't answer. I don't get it. No one gets it. I'm not some bitchy, 14-year old girl, who wants to socially network her feelings. I just want to know what happened to the days where people believed in RESPONDING BACK...RESPONDING BACK HONESTLY, and not switching up answers, when in a bind that might cost the company a buyer.

So, CalSpeed, you're full of **** as far as I'm concerned. The half-assed products you make fit 50% of the time; when they don't fit, the buyers are stuck with them/forced to make them fit, thus sacrificing performance. Aren't you guys "CalSpeed Performance"? Right. This is my desperate attempt to get an answer out of your company, or lack thereof. I'm not fussing, bitching, carrying on, or complaining. I'm not set out to be on a rant. I just want some reasoning behind why in the hell you guys only tend to users who seem willing to buy your products.? There are way too many threads on CalSpeed products, to still not have hardly any definite answers.

If anyone has proof of fitment, proof of production location, etc., please post it up. I know that I'm not the only one who wants a definite answer, and wanting help for those who are stuck with these products and are in desperate need to make them work.

CalSpeed, reply to me. Don't PM me, put your information, set in stone, out in the open. Period.

Last edited by CC05; 05-08-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked up their shop address on Google earth, the shop does not appear large enough to be a production facility and warehouse the products they offet for sale.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Point blank like Ive said before they do NOT produce these headers. Jim does NOT design them. Theyre made by the same people as LPP which are chinese headers. Jim has been banned before under a different name for bad business dealings but it seems that doesnt matter. You'll probably have better luck holding his feet to the fire over on tech where he is actually a sponsor. I know its semantics but its the way tech and PT are segregated.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

You two are both right. I've never bought into the fact that the headers were designed in-house or fabbed up in the U.S. If I don't get a reply on here, I'll head over to Tech and give it a shot. I really just want a definite answer from these guys.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:54 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with everything the OP said. Post up a link from tech if you make one, Im interested in the comments.

I dont care too much if the headers are made here, I think theyre lying about that. But I too am confused at the lack of responses from Calspeed when someone asks questions.

I also find it odd that other vendors like KB, Trick etc even find threads to reply in that are not even related to they work sometimes. I guess they hit new posts and read a bunch just like I do, lol.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a little bit to answer, in case they aren't actually dodging another question...again. If they don't respond on here, I'll post something up on Tech and let everyone know if I get an answer.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish someone make a good set of 1 7/8 headers and Y pipe for 2007+ truck that didn't cost 1300 dollars. Cal speed just don't seem to care and I'm don't want to waste 500 dollars on headers that want fit. Saving up
Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Byrdman11
I wish someone make a good set of 1 7/8 headers and Y pipe for 2007+ truck that didn't cost 1300 dollars. Cal speed just don't seem to care and I'm don't want to waste 500 dollars on headers that want fit. Saving up
Perfect example of why I want CalSpeed in on this thread. Have you tried talking to AKlowriderZ71? He will be able to get you the cheapest set of headers w/ y-pipe, for your 6.2.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, I just haven't talk myself into spending that must on headers. I may just keep that money for new project.

Last edited by Byrdman11; 05-08-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In for the response that will never come...

Quick Reply: CalSpeed Performance: COME INSIDE!