Site Suggestions Site Suggestions & Comments

This is the projects section, where the mods at?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:39 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Default This is the projects section, where the mods at?

This thing has gotten so cluttered with crap that I wouldn't even moderately consider "project".

There is a section for tech stuff, a section to diagnose trouble codes, a section to discuss engine swap tech, a section to post pics of others stuff, a section to post dyno results, track times etc...

I don't mean to rant, but come on.

Is this section not moderated?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:35 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When I look at this section, I see projects. Once in a while, a thread needs moved(true of every section). However, I've been extremely busy with work & home recently, and haven't had as much time as usual for PT. For that, I apologize. And KYsilverado(the other Roger) isn't on here much since he sold his truck.

If you, or any member, see a post or thread that needs moved or edited, please click the "report post" icon. At least that way I'll get an email(as will admin), so that it can be taken care of. We need the help of the members to keep the site running smoothly.

Thank you.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That said, I'm moving this thread to the Site Suggestions section.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As with anything there is always room for improvement, even though we have quite a few moderators not everyone goes to each section and the mods that are in charge of a section aren't always around to check their sections. Life happens and the rest of the staff tries to help.

To be honest, is it really that big of a deal?

The projects section has a pretty broad subject spectrum, granted there are some very "light" content threads in there but I don't really see a problem with it. If the thread doesn't have much substance it usually makes its way to the bottom of the page quick.

Now the threads asking questions I move those to where they should be, but threads where someone is actually doing some work I leave alone. Maybe something that is really simple to you is a big deal to them and they're proud of it. Who am I to sink their ship?

Point being, just let it go if you don't think its worthy of the projects section. If its a thread that has nothing to do with a build and is more of a tech question, hit the report button like AK said and a staff member will take care of it. We can't be in every thread on the site so it really does help when the members help us. Makes for a better site all around
Old 04-24-2012, 09:29 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
That said, I'm moving this thread to the Site Suggestions section.
lmao
Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I think what he is saying is some of the stuff in there is steered more toward one section or the other. For example, installing a drop and installing 22s....... Or installing a pro charger. Granted, it is a project, to an extent and at the same time there isn't a sticky designating "what a project is". A project to me involves the majority of sections covered and basically rebuilding a vehicle or to an extent that takes a lot more than bolting on a few parts. Again, I'm not bashing on those who have posted similar stuf to that section and I'm definitely not down playing the amount of work it takes to put on a drop or instal forced induction, I just think IMO it is a more involved section than your run of the mill stuff.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if they were asking questions about installing a drop or a supercharger I feel that it should be in the related section. If they are installing it and documenting online for others to see. Well, that is a project, no?
Old 04-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JFOLM
Well if they were asking questions about installing a drop or a supercharger I feel that it should be in the related section. If they are installing it and documenting online for others to see. Well, that is a project, no?
Yes, it is a project, as i stated in my previous post, there is no guidline to the section. Just because it's not in the projects section, doesn't mean it's not being documented online for others to see.... Tuning is a project for anyone who tunes them self but, we don't post that in the projects section. If I was installing a supercharger, I would post it in the forced induction section. That is where people go to ask the questions about forced induction and show off there goods. Questions like, "what supercharger to go with?" could easily be answered if they see others installing said supercharger and ask in there post, "why did you choose that supercharger?" or ask "hey, what did you do for your oil lines?" I understand people are still gonna ask the basic questions regardless of how it's organized. It would just simplify and organize the projects section if there was some sort of guideline to go by.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see the point and agree. Our original Project Mod isn't around much these days. I'll get on assigning another mod to that section for help and making sure that specific item projects are put in their proper sections whereas whole vehicle projects (multiple sectional projects at once) are covered in this section. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to create a stink. Just making an observation. That is all.

I can understand the busy with other stuff comment as well. I'm sure you guys don't get paid for this stuff.

Quick Reply: This is the projects section, where the mods at?