Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My tranny swap is finally fricken done!!!!!! For the love of G... nvm...

Anywho, so Billy... I guess my plug on my stock 5 speed doesnt fit the plug on the t56 magnum so they did need a new plug sent. Here's the kicker... they got the plug in and said yea its good to go it works. LIKE HELL!!! It goes up to 25mph. Thats it... im literally crusing at 75 mph (according to my garmen) and it says 22mph... PLUS, my service brake system light came on, along with the ABS light and the red brake light on my speed gauge cluster...

I guess i cant win... ever...
Old 05-18-2012, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

If they didn't retune for the change in reluctors from the 5-speed to the 6-speed, all kind of things in the ecm and bcm are going to be pissed.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Launching!

well then thats epic fail on Nelson Performance's part... Cause i told the peckerheads that i swaped to a 6 speed... UGH! Always something............. I wish we had a performance shop around here i could take it to and get an actual decent dyno tune...
Old 05-18-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

If you can get me the .bin file, I can change it and send it back to you. That's the file type for hp tuners.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RED04REGENCYRST
If you can get me the .bin file, I can change it and send it back to you. That's the file type for hp tuners.

I'll see what i can do. Have to wait until monday to call them now... Is it bad to run it on a bad tune?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

If only the speedo is messed up no, but if you smell fuel, or hear anything funny with the motor yes. Do you have a wideband on your truck? If do keep a close eye on it. If you don't have to drive the truck it might be a safe bet to just park it and drive something else.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Launching!

If only the speedo is messed up no, but if you smell fuel, or hear anything funny with the motor yes. Do you have a wideband on your truck? If do keep a close eye on it. If you don't have to drive the truck it might be a safe bet to just park it and drive something else.

well i drove it probably 40-50 miles yesterday and it didnt sound funny from the motor, but the tranny i could tell was "wineing" at higher speeds. Now idk if thats normal and the large hole thats still in my floor made it sound worse than it did, or if it just needs to breakin a little... This is my only means of transportation unfortunally...

P.S. whats a wideband?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:16 AM
TECH Resident

They didn't patch the old shifter hole, wtf????

Can you get a vid of the whine you are raking about?

A wideband a/f sensor is a more precise O2 sensor used for tuning proper air to fuel ratio. If you don't have one it would probably be a good idea to get yourself one. Just do you can make sure everything is going right with your truck when racing our driving hard. You can also use it to verify nelson had your tube setup right.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Launching!

They didn't patch the old shifter hole, wtf????

Can you get a vid of the whine you are raking about?

A wideband a/f sensor is a more precise O2 sensor used for tuning proper air to fuel ratio. If you don't have one it would probably be a good idea to get yourself one. Just do you can make sure everything is going right with your truck when racing our driving hard. You can also use it to verify nelson had your tube setup right.

No they didnt patch it. Plus my truck looks like it went down a dirt fricken road on the inside. I had it spotless and the interior is just trashed with dirt and rocks... absolultly rediculous

I can probably get a video of it. Ill try and get one uploaded by tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

I can tell you one thing, they would be giving me a big discount on my bill for this crap.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info