Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Joe Gibbs Silverado RCSB 0001 Listed on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Awesome , So the RPO code does exist. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me I would like to do some research with it.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys I am the one that posted the truck. I was selling it for my grandfather. I will give you the story behind it. In 05-06 he started looking for a truck and he found this one on the internet. We went down to Charlotte NC to go look at the truck. The guy that owned it before we did was the dad of one of the lead designers of the Gibbs production and he built this truck for his dad. It was used as the test truck/ pic truck. Dynotech came to Gibbs shop and built the headers for this truck because they were going to offer headers as an option but didn't because it ended up burning the #8 plug wire. This is also the only one that has the 5.3 with a polished supercharger from the factory(that's what we were told any way and I haven't found another one). All the pictures of the single cab in the documentation is this actual truck and we have a ton of documentation with it also. My grandfather should show as the first owner also because the previous owner had it under a dealership. When we went back to pick up the truck we actually got to pic it up at Gibbs shop and got to take a tour of the place. That's all I can really remember of how we ended up with it since i was 12 back then but we have had a great time out of the truck it has been on several power tours, two prom nights, and a ton of cruise ins and car shows.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by midgetjack
Hello guys I am the one that posted the truck. I was selling it for my grandfather. I will give you the story behind it. In 05-06 he started looking for a truck and he found this one on the internet. We went down to Charlotte NC to go look at the truck. The guy that owned it before we did was the dad of one of the lead designers of the Gibbs production and he built this truck for his dad. It was used as the test truck/ pic truck. Dynotech came to Gibbs shop and built the headers for this truck because they were going to offer headers as an option but didn't because it ended up burning the #8 plug wire. This is also the only one that has the 5.3 with a polished supercharger from the factory(that's what we were told any way and I haven't found another one). All the pictures of the single cab in the documentation is this actual truck and we have a ton of documentation with it also. My grandfather should show as the first owner also because the previous owner had it under a dealership. When we went back to pick up the truck we actually got to pic it up at Gibbs shop and got to take a tour of the place. That's all I can really remember of how we ended up with it since i was 12 back then but we have had a great time out of the truck it has been on several power tours, two prom nights, and a ton of cruise ins and car shows.
Welcome to the site!

I am curious what type of documentation you for this truck. The made so few and there is so little known about these trucks.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have actually met the guy that owns this truck and have looked at in personally. Its legit.