Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Joe Gibbs Silverado RCSB 0001 Listed on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 01:00 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts
Default Joe Gibbs Silverado RCSB 0001 Listed on Ebay

Any one see it listed??? Apparently he has the Documentation for it too.

It is a 2004 RCSB with the supercharged 5.3L

Apperently the RPO Code was PCX for the Gibbs trucks.

Chevrolet : Silverado 1500 LS Standard Cab Pickup 2-Door in Chevrolet | eBay Motors
Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Added to my watch list, wanna see what happens. Starting bid $25k, 0 bids, reserve not met. I bet it doesn't sell, but I wonder if anybody will even bid.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:23 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Added to my watch list, wanna see what happens. Starting bid $25k, 0 bids, reserve not met. I bet it doesn't sell, but I wonder if anybody will even bid.
They probably will bid, but how serious is another question.

Its a rare truck to start with and if the documentation supports his claims that it's actually the first one then it's definitely collectible. Might even be the same truck used in all the literature.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty sire someone will bid and buy! These are rare trucks, wish i could buy it but my wife would kill me! I have ext cab with all the options not missing a thing, truck #0211.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:31 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is def a sweet truck .

I personally feel that the Gibbs name is tarnished after he left Chevy and went to Toyota , I'm sure it doesn't help value wise . It would be the same if Carroll Shelby left for and sold Kias or if Yenko Chevy left GM and sold Hondas . It does impact the legacy and value .

I love the Gibbs trucks, they are badass , wish they still made some .
Old 01-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by TIM Z
That is def a sweet truck .

I personally feel that the Gibbs name is tarnished after he left Chevy and went to Toyota , I'm sure it doesn't help value wise . It would be the same if Carroll Shelby left for and sold Kias or if Yenko Chevy left GM and sold Hondas . It does impact the legacy and value .

I love the Gibbs trucks, they are badass , wish they still made some .
The biggest thing to remember Tim is that they had an RPO code from the factory. Not like other companies that build performance trucks after the fact.

The RPO code will show that it was a limited edition vehicle from the factory. With the original documentation it Proves what it it really is.

The RPO designation from the factory Is a key factor because it shows that the manufacture recognized and supported this vendor.

Do we know if the RST trucks have an RPO code???
What about the RSR from choo choo customs???
I think there was also a few other packages specifically from dealer ships like SSC

If not, there no better then a dealer putting custom wheels or custom paint and interior on a vehicle. It's only worth what some one is willing to pay for it.

While the same thing may apply to the Gibbs edition, At least it was acknowledged by GM. They also had a race partener ship at one point.

Keep in mind that there were less then these made then the factory SS Silverado truck's and a lot of these had the optional supercharger as part of there package. Something you couldn't get on a factory built truck.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with you on the cool factor of the RPO .
When Gibbs trucks came out , I was actually at his race shop in NC and saw a truck and a Tahoe in person, drooled all over and always wanted one , still do , but it s hard for "me" now because Gibbs is a traitor , has nothing to do with a Gibbs truck , but ruins them for me . Understand ?

I def think if he would have stayed racing with GM his trucks would be worth more .
Old 01-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Just for fun I went and looked up the Vin number on this Gibbs truck and it does not show the RPO PCX. I wonder if that is because this is the very first one or because Gm never issued the PCX RPO for the trucks sold to the Gibbs Program as stated in the brochure???

Any other Gibbs owners show the RPO PCX in there glove box???

I also learned of another rare Silverado from the infamous GMMG. There was aparently a few RCSB SS Clones built in 2003 that had the SS body kit with a 427 and a Tremec 6 speed manual transmission. It was rated at 520HP.

Still trying to dig up info on this one. Apparently there were less then a handful of these built.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by TIM Z
I agree with you on the cool factor of the RPO .
When Gibbs trucks came out , I was actually at his race shop in NC and saw a truck and a Tahoe in person, drooled all over and always wanted one , still do , but it s hard for "me" now because Gibbs is a traitor , has nothing to do with a Gibbs truck , but ruins them for me . Understand ?

I def think if he would have stayed racing with GM his trucks would be worth more .
I agree they might be worth a little more especially if he was successful under the Gm umbrella.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:16 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Only 2 days left for one of you to jump on this!!

0 bids so far......

Quick Reply: Joe Gibbs Silverado RCSB 0001 Listed on Ebay