FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

mp t-76 vs. Turbonetics T-76

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mp t-76 vs. Turbonetics T-76

whats the main difference between these two turbos? off course the turbonetics is way more expensive but whats the advantage?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a MPT76
Old 09-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was told that spool time is increased and can make more power faster and more efficient at lower rpms. I own a 78 turbonectics
Old 09-10-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slowlsx
whats the main difference between these two turbos? off course the turbonetics is way more expensive but whats the advantage?
you couldnt give me a turbonetics turbo...they did something to them awhile back and totally screwed em up...they dont last for crap.
this is the second mp turbo i qwn and have no issues with them at all...
Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Performance wise the T-netics unit will make a good bit more power then the MP. They have newer compressor wheel technology and the Turbine wheels are much better now too.

I have broke my share of t-netics units too, I believe they had a thrust issue for a bit there and now they are working through it.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

I had two T60's on my very mild stroker, at the ls1truck race day, and only 4 passes, the Turbonetics chewed themselves up and broke the fins off. I sent them back and they didn't warranty one of them, but did the other, that was BS! Same issues, same engine, same time, this was a twin setup.

I've also had 8 of them fail on front mounts we used to install, talk about loosing out on an install and angry customers that can't get their vehicle back for weeks!
Their turn around time sux and their turbos require frequent rebuilds.

This change at TNetics must have happened recently, because what I'm talking about has happened for the last two years and just recently, this last Feb on my truck.

I will never run a Turbonetics again!!!!

Now for MasterPower, they may be cheaper, and they make more power than I've needed, but what sales me is their customer service. They sale all the rebuild parts you need, and Manny, my contact, takes care of business and even helped replace a turbo that he said had a lack of oil, within a reasonable amount of time.

I've also run my fair share of Garrett, and those are nice, but pricey. Never had one of those break either.

Never had a MP break due to manufacture!!!

MP's will make power!
My truck, 408 10 compression, stock 6L heads, stock truck intake, stock throttle body, 12psi, 821hp to the wheels! This was with two T76 MP's barely working. Spool up was great even in a light truck.

That's my experience, yours may be different,

later,
allen
Old 09-11-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
I had two T60's on my very mild stroker, at the ls1truck race day, and only 4 passes, the Turbonetics chewed themselves up and broke the fins off. I sent them back and they didn't warranty one of them, but did the other, that was BS! Same issues, same engine, same time, this was a twin setup.

I've also had 8 of them fail on front mounts we used to install, talk about loosing out on an install and angry customers that can't get their vehicle back for weeks!
Their turn around time sux and their turbos require frequent rebuilds.

This change at TNetics must have happened recently, because what I'm talking about has happened for the last two years and just recently, this last Feb on my truck.

I will never run a Turbonetics again!!!!

Now for MasterPower, they may be cheaper, and they make more power than I've needed, but what sales me is their customer service. They sale all the rebuild parts you need, and Manny, my contact, takes care of business and even helped replace a turbo that he said had a lack of oil, within a reasonable amount of time.

I've also run my fair share of Garrett, and those are nice, but pricey. Never had one of those break either.

Never had a MP break due to manufacture!!!

MP's will make power!
My truck, 408 10 compression, stock 6L heads, stock truck intake, stock throttle body, 12psi, 821hp to the wheels! This was with two T76 MP's barely working. Spool up was great even in a light truck.

That's my experience, yours may be different,

later,
allen

WOW... useful information thanks alot allen. i guess master power is the way to go, get your bang for the buck!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

upon visual inspection, my turbonetics has kissed the housing, as well as I can tell it has wayy too much play in the shaft, just by using my fingers.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wonder why turbonetics is so expensive but people continue to buy them?
Old 09-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
upon visual inspection, my turbonetics has kissed the housing, as well as I can tell it has wayy too much play in the shaft, just by using my fingers.
Keep an eye on it!

That's how it starts out, if the blades are hitting the housing, the turbo is done, pull it off, it's not going to get any better.
Before you know it, the shaft is going to leak and you'll get oil on the maf, and the truck will run like ****.
Then, you'll look at the blades and wonder, "where in the hell did those blades go" LMAO, in your engine! Or, hopefully the intercooler caught'em.

Thanks slowlsx, just my exper, and others should know.
BTW, Turbonetics spec'd my turbos out and said they were right on.

Probably because they have so many variations and options. That looks very appealing to buyers.

The only thing holding MP back is their lack of size. Later this year, MasterPower will release their T6, 80mm and 88mm, that should enough for 99% of us. If not, mount two of them!

Quick Reply: mp t-76 vs. Turbonetics T-76