Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Pro Flo XT long awaited results

Old 09-08-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Flo XT long awaited results

Well I just confirmed my thoughts with Richard @ WCCH , this intake gives up way too much bottom end for my application. I'm almost a second slower at the 1/8th mi strip and throttle responce is a little lazy.
Richard says they act a lot like the victor (3500-7000 rpm) but shorter runners, so it would have to be for a lighter vehicle, looser converter and lower gear or something that can afford to give up so much bottom.
I'm running a 4L80E, 3000 stall with 3.73's and don't want to change and give up driveability. The fact is there is nothing out there currently for most of our trucks. FAST is supposily working on a truck only intake but sure it will be big $ when and if.
So I'm going back to the LS6 intake, it falls off some at the top but I was in the high 7's at the 1/8th with it so not too bad.
My only regret.........I sold my LS6 intake.................................
Old 09-08-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks it didnt work out for you. All this hype about this intake and nothing but disapointments
Old 09-08-2009, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

did the LS6 intake do much for you compared to the truck intake?
Old 09-08-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
did the LS6 intake do much for you compared to the truck intake?

Can't say about a comparason to the truck intake I never tried it with the new motor, went directly to the LS6. Richard said I wouldn't like it , gives up too much on top end.
I was OK with the LS6 but the throttle body being so low it was actually touching the belt and I thought it was contributing to the belt throwing....
Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you need a truck intake I have one real cheap
Old 09-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn man, I would think that it would pick up some with it being FI You sure this isn't something in your tune.... I guess I am going to find a 90mm manifold off a tbss or the super vic...
Old 09-08-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Damn man, I would think that it would pick up some with it being FI You sure this isn't something in your tune.... I guess I am going to find a 90mm manifold off a tbss or the super vic...
John, the super vic would be the same as the victor jr and the XT, the TBSS is a truck intake with a bigger opening for the tb............ng
The Edelbrocks would work for you if your set up wouldn't be hurt by low end loss- lighter weight, really loose converter, some low (4.88) gears, etc.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

well that sucks to hear dude i was hoping for good results outta this intake
Old 09-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raffman
John, the super vic would be the same as the victor jr and the XT, the TBSS is a truck intake with a bigger opening for the tb............ng
The Edelbrocks would work for you if your set up wouldn't be hurt by low end loss- lighter weight, really loose converter, some low (4.88) gears, etc.
I have read that guys have liked the gains from the vic jr, that low end wasn't hurt form the install of it.. All though it says it is good to support 600 hp... I just can't believe a second loss in the 1/8.... I am going to do some hunting for more info on the vic setups... How much does your truck weight??
Old 09-08-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I have read that guys have liked the gains from the vic jr, that low end wasn't hurt form the install of it.. All though it says it is good to support 600 hp... I just can't believe a second loss in the 1/8.... I am going to do some hunting for more info on the vic setups... How much does your truck weight??
I'm roughly 4500 w/ driver.........
I'm not saying the XT doesn't make power it's just all up top, hell cruising at 55 on the highway I kick it down and the tires break loose and pulls like a freight train. Our local track is 1/8 mi and my combo with the tall first in the 4L80e it takes till 3/4 track before it turns on. I don't like getting beat by Mustangs so I'm going back to my other combo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pro Flo XT long awaited results