Sponsored by:

RCSB full Denali conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 03:15 AM
makes children cry

Received 399 Likes on 326 Posts
Default RCSB full Denali conversion

so i was toying around with an idea...

i've seen guys make all kinds of RCSB silverado SSs, but has anybody done a complete RCSB Denali conversion? i'm talking about full-on, you'd-think-the-factory-did-it job. I'm also referring to the Yukon Denali as opposed to the Sierra Denali - the Sierra just looks like a regular truck with a clip

here's what i'm thinking:
  • start with a NBS Sierra RCSB V8 with the electronic 4x4 & SLT trim
  • body-colored mirror backs
  • obviously swap out the interior - seats, dash trim, gauges, center & overhead consoles, door pieces, floor mats, etc.
  • naturally do the Denali front clip conversion & rear bumper
  • swap over some Denali wheels & two-piston rear brakes

now for the fun part:
  • swap in an LQ4 & a 4L65
  • do an AWD conversion
  • fab up a Yukon Denali rocker trim kit & running boards to fit
with the rocker trim & running boards, the wheelbase of the truck is 1.5" longer & the overall length is about 4" longer, so it'd take a little body magic to create, but the front fender & front door pieces should go on like a charm

also, as opposed to doing the Yukon rocker trim, how about a Quadrasteer conversion instead? talk about a tight turning circle! that would also give two options for body-side looks: the GMC quadrasteer bed with molded flares (which i'd be more prone to pick) or just the wheel flares from a QS suburban. both would have the body-colored single bar door trim & cab lights

thoughts?
Old 04-30-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think it would turn out great. awd would be F.U.N. on the street with some power! plus it would look really unique and "luxury" at the same time....DO IT!
Old 04-30-2010, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

If your swapping a trans and transfer case I would just go 4L80 and save some trouble if you are ever going to put some power to it.Then it would be bulletproof and wouldn't really cost any more since you were doing it anyway.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

T.O.T.M. worthy. Sounds great!! I don't know about the quadrasteer though. I liked it when it came out, but since it didn't last very long in production I have my doubts. However I have never owned one though so I can't say first hand. I do like the quadrasteer beds though. Either way, that would be a sweet conversion!!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by zebra86
so i was toying around with an idea...

i've seen guys make all kinds of RCSB silverado SSs, but has anybody done a complete RCSB Denali conversion? i'm talking about full-on, you'd-think-the-factory-did-it job. I'm also referring to the Yukon Denali as opposed to the Sierra Denali - the Sierra just looks like a regular truck with a clip

here's what i'm thinking:
  • start with a NBS Sierra RCSB V8 with the electronic 4x4 & SLT trim
  • body-colored mirror backs
  • obviously swap out the interior - seats, dash trim, gauges, center & overhead consoles, door pieces, floor mats, etc.
  • naturally do the Denali front clip conversion & rear bumper
  • swap over some Denali wheels & two-piston rear brakes

now for the fun part:
  • swap in an LQ4 & a 4L65
  • do an AWD conversion
  • fab up a Yukon Denali rocker trim kit & running boards to fit
with the rocker trim & running boards, the wheelbase of the truck is 1.5" longer & the overall length is about 4" longer, so it'd take a little body magic to create, but the front fender & front door pieces should go on like a charm

also, as opposed to doing the Yukon rocker trim, how about a Quadrasteer conversion instead? talk about a tight turning circle! that would also give two options for body-side looks: the GMC quadrasteer bed with molded flares (which i'd be more prone to pick) or just the wheel flares from a QS suburban. both would have the body-colored single bar door trim & cab lights

thoughts?

not a full conversion from the interior point of view but it gives you an idea!

http://rgvtruckperformance.net/rgvtr...ad.php?t=15929

and on the quadrasteer's i asked people at the dealership when i got my 4 door how come they dont make em anymore and they just said that there was allot of recalls.. but who knows

edit: just re read that you were interested in a nbs conversion not a nnbs.. my bad, anywho its nice to see

Last edited by CharlyNali6.2; 04-30-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Launching!

man i remember seeing that truck at the shootout bitch is bad!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 PM
makes children cry

thanks for the comments, fellers.

since i'm leaving for the AF in a few weeks, this ain't nothin i'd be starting anytime soon, but was just an idea i'd love to see happen sometime.

the way i described it, this would be pretty much a show truck/DD - there ain't no way on God's green earth i'd build something like that for having fun & leave the powertrain/suspension, etc with stock components. that was just for the factory-looking theme

for my own weekend warrior setup done like this, i'd probably have something along the lines of a LS6, NV3500, AWD, 3/5 drop, etc...
Old 04-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by camochevy21
T.O.T.M. worthy. Sounds great!! I don't know about the quadrasteer though. I liked it when it came out, but since it didn't last very long in production I have my doubts. However I have never owned one though so I can't say first hand. I do like the quadrasteer beds though. Either way, that would be a sweet conversion!!
i dont think you can add QS on a truck that came without one
Old 04-30-2010, 06:49 PM
makes children cry

Originally Posted by sierraSS
i dont think you can add QS on a truck that came without one
i was under the impression you could... you'd need all the rear axle stuff, the steering rack & motor, the steering column sensor, the computer control module & a reflash of the BCM. i ain't got all the specifics, but i remember seeing where somebody was asking a GM tech about doing the swap on an OBS & him saying why that platform couldn't do it (inferring that a GMT800 could)
Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 PM
makes children cry

so here's a couple really rough photoshops i hacked up real quick...
i think an actual implementation would look pretty good
RCSB full Denali conversion-rscb-qs.jpg
RCSB full Denali conversion-rcsb-qs-2.jpg

Quick Reply: RCSB full Denali conversion