SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do-It-Yourself roll in/spray in bed liners. Are they all the same?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do-It-Yourself roll in/spray in bed liners. Are they all the same?

I was wondering what forum members think of Do-It-Yourself spray in bed liners. What do you like or dislike about them? Do you feel some brands are better than others? If so, why?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

i wish i could remember the name of the brand we used. but my familys shop we like the spray in kind. the whole underneath and inside the cab of this truck we built we sprayed with bed liner
Name:  53953_165684076794392_422324_o.jpg
Views: 1685
Size:  91.0 KB

weve tried the roll on but liked the spray better
Old 09-18-2012, 11:09 AM
rj2
Launching!

Thats sharp. But y are there like 4to of these same threads? Annoying
Old 09-18-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

I used the DIY roll on and it sucked. Lasted maybe 2 months. Would not recommend on a personal truck. And if you do decide to do it, wear long sleeves and gloves cause that **** does not come off skin.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its best to take it to someone for best results had family business 10 years spraying bed liners reflex and or vortex is what we sprayed its a better materail and we charged 450 6ft bed under rail 490 overail and 250 to do rockers up to the body roll 1/3rd up the door
Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

I did Herculiner(roll on bed liner) in four delivery vans and they are still looking pretty damn good after 2 years of hard abuse with pallets sliding in and out and forklifts banging on them. If you do a roll in bed liner properly it will last. I will vouch for Herculiner. And its a budget option compared to the spray companies.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your going to do a diy do herculiner, if your going for a sprag IMO LineX is the best, but even the cheapest spray in will be better then almost ANY diy liner
Old 10-10-2012, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Chevy Cowboy
If your going to do a diy do herculiner, if your going for a sprag IMO LineX is the best, but even the cheapest spray in will be better then almost ANY diy liner
Your very right. Even the cheapest spray in will be better than almost any DIY liner. The key is to get a DIY Liner with a high quality formulation and installation process. Al’s Liner uses the same coating materials as our professional Scorpion Coatings. It contains 85% solids, which greatly exceeds the 40-50% solids content of competing DIY Kits. This helps to provide far superior strength and service life (without fading) that’s backed by a lifetime warranty. Our Air Texture Gun (Al's Liner DIY Bed Liner Gun|Spray On Truck Bed Liner) allows the user to texture the coating to their liking. Of course proper preperation is very important. Our abrasive Cup Brush (Al's Liner DIY Spray Bed Liner | Truck Bed Lining | Accessories) can be attached to a drill to prep the surface. It reduces preparation time and effort tremendously.

Pricing for product is significantly lower than the cost of having a professional install:

Al’s Liner Kit – MSRP - $133.00
Al’s Liner Air Texture Gun – MSRP - $55.00
Al’s Liner Cup Brush – MSRP - $18.36

More info at About Al's Liner DIY Truck Bed Liner Kits
Attached Thumbnails Do-It-Yourself roll in/spray in bed liners. Are they all the same?-image1.jpg   Do-It-Yourself roll in/spray in bed liners. Are they all the same?-image29.jpg   Do-It-Yourself roll in/spray in bed liners. Are they all the same?-guncu.jpg   Do-It-Yourself roll in/spray in bed liners. Are they all the same?-cupbrush.jpg  

Last edited by JonL1; 10-10-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SloStepSide
I used the DIY roll on and it sucked. Lasted maybe 2 months. Would not recommend on a personal truck. And if you do decide to do it, wear long sleeves and gloves cause that **** does not come off skin.
Must have used a poor quality brand?

Proper prep is also a very important so it adheres well.

We recommend wearing a long sleeve shirt, gloves, a painter's respirator, as well as shoulder pads and helmet when spraying. Just kidding about the shoulder pads and helmet...

Last edited by JonL1; 10-10-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WICK3DxGATA
i wish i could remember the name of the brand we used. but my familys shop we like the spray in kind. the whole underneath and inside the cab of this truck we built we sprayed with bed liner

weve tried the roll on but liked the spray better
Neat truck. Spraying is the way to go for the best quality. We have an Air Texture Gun (Al's Liner DIY Bed Liner Gun|Spray On Truck Bed Liner) that allows the user to texture the coating to their liking.

Some of our customers sent us photos of Al's Liner used for interiors and as undercoating (auto paint tint was mixed into Al's Liner). You can see more examples at Al's Liner DIY Bed Liner Image Gallery
Attached Thumbnails Do-It-Yourself roll in/spray in bed liners. Are they all the same?-image13.jpg   Do-It-Yourself roll in/spray in bed liners. Are they all the same?-image19.jpg   Do-It-Yourself roll in/spray in bed liners. Are they all the same?-image16.jpg