SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Hot Rod Upholster in DFW NEEDED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom Hot Rod Upholster in DFW NEEDED!!!!

Okay this is a long story so if you don't have the time to read it just post who you would recommend around the Dallas Texas area.

My Fiance and I inherited her fathers 14 year project just over 3 years ago. I will post the build thread over here if you would like to see it. To make a really long story short Ashley's father had major heart surgery and we almost lost him. He gave her the truck once he was safely home, and gave me the responsibility of making the truck everything she wants. Now she pushed back our wedding a year so we could surprise her father at the wedding with the truck completed and in a fashion he could only dream of. I have put over 1500 hours into the truck doing everything myself. The only thing I don't have the ***** to attempt is the interior.

I had a guy lined out with a agreed time line and price that was nailed down 3 weeks ago. Our budget was and is drained so I sold a mutual fund to afford this interior because this has become a huge part of our life and a very very important thing to do for her father. I have been working 16 hour days the last 3 weeks to get the cab and doors painted and on the chassis so I could take it to him by the 2nd week in August to do the interior. Earlier tonight I had an odd feeling and sent him a text just to make sure we were still good to go on the delivery of our truck to his shop. He informed me that he couldn't take in anything until November.....WTF? Here is the biggest issue with that. Our wedding is November 21st. Not a snowballs chance in hell of him finishing it by then.

So here is where I sit. I have a custom made seat frame that will be here next week. I have several sheets of aluminum that I bought for the interior guy to use that was at his request.

What I need:

Someone to execute the job that I can trust and won't rip my head off on the price.

Seat upholstered (I already have the simple design)
Door panels made and upholstered (I have this design also)
Carpet
Kick panels
headliner
rear cab surround

I don't want or need any super fancy designs in anything. Just nice crisp clean work.

I understand this might be asking a lot of someone, but I assure you the impact that you will have in our lives and our families lives will be HUGE.

Thanks for any help and here is a quick picture of what the truck looks like. (prior to paint)
Name:  20140515_153419_zpse1bc063f.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  37.7 KB

and here she sits with the chassis pretty much completed.

Name:  20140618_140850_zpsc7f362e2.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  31.2 KB
Old 07-23-2014, 06:53 AM
TECH Resident

Sue Martin from Gas Monkey Garage?
ASM Auto Upholstery | Premier Stitching Company in Dallas / Fort Worth
Old 07-23-2014, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigsapper
LMFAO... That is slam it together and get it out the door. Her work is pretty sub par for custom interiors.

Look at her web page and compare it to this one

http://www.hixdesignhd.com/

Too bad Kyle Hix doesn't do public work anymore
Old 07-24-2014, 07:14 AM
TECH Resident

It's an option <shrug>.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigsapper
It's an option <shrug>.
No, it is not an option.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:23 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God? So it meets your standards... But really, How do you suggest something to someone who already knows it all ??
Old 07-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Holy **** guys...

This man is trying to see to it that one of the most stand-out and most often seen parts of a family heirloom is done correctly and to his standards because it's his dollars funding the project... What's so wrong about that?

Step into his shoes. You'd want it done a certain way too. If you don't understand what he is wanting or the caliber of the build, you should do yourself a favor and take some time and read the build thread. Were talking art with wheels, aside from everything it means to him and his family.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

With all due respect, he also has a pretty aggressive timeline.

There's an axiom for these situations; Cheap, Fast, Good ... pick two.

I was sincerely trying to give him a pragmatic suggestion. Just say no and move on. No need to get snotty.

I'll also observe that there have been been no other recommendations.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you for your observation and input, your services in this thread are no longer needed. Thanks!!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol at people suggesting gas monkey tv show places... get a clue folks...

there is a shop off of Handley Ederville Road in the North Richland Hills area that is bad ***, I can't remember the name but we've used them on custom wake boats in the past and they do insane good work.

Quick Reply: Custom Hot Rod Upholster in DFW NEEDED!!!!