SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color match estimate for nbs pieces?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color match estimate for nbs pieces?

Im trying to find out what is a reasonable price for colormatchings some of my front end. The color is Sport Red Metallic on an 04, and Im cautious using pre-order stuff and doing it myself because i ordered a can of spray and a touchup pen from duplicolor and it was wayyy more purple than my actual paint.

I'm looking at getting my chrome bar across the bar (silverado) painted, as well as the middle chrome piece of my front bumper painted. Depending on price, i would also like to have my handles/rollpan/mirrors matched as well.

I tried matching it myself, it was plastidipped and the clear coat ruined the paint so I just peeled it off (plastidip was under the paint.) I found a can of spray at Home Depot that is super close to the original paint, that I used for the grill bowtie and some interior plastics and its very close, I can provide a link to anyone if needed.

Also, I just got clear cornered cateyes off of ebay after ditching my 5% tinted ones(even with 6000K HID's couldnt see anything, looked sweet though). after watching prices for clear corner headlights for about two years before buying, They fluctuate between 70$-140$. I got these for 80, it seems in the spring they jack the prices up, and listings are closed frequently. I can provide a link to the listing I bought if anyone deeds it.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Completely different generation and style, but I paid around $700 to color match my chrome bumper, grille, and end caps on the back bumper. They sanded the chrome and painted the parts when they redid a bunch of my truck. Hope it helps, I did more than you're looking to do so it should be substantially cheaper for you.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ That looks good. I paid about 1000.00 to color match all of my plastics including the mirrors, cowl panel end pieces and some Interior plastics.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I ended up color matching my bumper myself but I'll probably take my handles roll pan and mirrors to a shop. I'm estimating about 400$.