Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

stangkiller

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 08:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I raced a 240 Nissan on the street he had a LS swap on spray.... Long story short he couldn't get the power down and my truck beat him by a car or too. In the eighth then he did a fly by. Lol.. Ricers just never change. I couldn't believe how crappy te places were that the guys were racing. Huge potholes, no rubber on the pavement, old beat up blacktop with ruts in it from semis. Rediculous.. Also was 48* I didn't see a single car get out with a nice launch where we were.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i went home at 10 friday nite nobody was organized where to go. i heard the host hotel but no for sure info. figured id rest up for the sreetcar takeover. had a good time! did you see my truck run at all?
Old 05-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by craigsix
say what?
Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Heads up racing, first person across the finish line wins. The Mustang sat at the light too long...
what he said
Old 05-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oakley6575
Have you never drag raced before? Its called a holeshot win.
yes I have a few times.... when the its time to go you go, if you want to sit there and have a sandwhich while the other guy is on his way and then you go and still win...... the guy with the full belly wins even though you got off the line first.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have it wrong. Watch some NHRA drag racing on the weekends and you will see a lot of holeshot wins. Your ET doesn't start until you leave the line. It doesn't start when the light turns green. Thats why he beat the stang in a drag race. His reaction time to the green light was quicker allowing him to cross the line before the faster car could. He might have had a slower ET but he crossed the line first.

If I'm driving a prius and you're driving a mustang, and I leave the light 5 seconds before you do, I can beat you in a drag race (first one across the finish line) even though you might have ran a 12 second ET where I ran a 17 second ET.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:01 AM
TECH Resident

Ya I saw it race a few times... Sounds good! Mines real quiet... Awd sleeper.. And my daughter would get mad if she had to hear exhaust drone over "the little mermaid"? I have been kickin around the idea of electric dumps. And since it will be on a direct port 200 shot soon the added flow couldn't hurt at wot. I'm also gonna raise my shift points I'm runnin a tunnel ram it seems to bog when it shifts to third in a bad way. How high is yours spinin? Mines 6200
Old 05-23-2014, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lsxperfomance
Ya I saw it race a few times... Sounds good! Mines real quiet... Awd sleeper.. And my daughter would get mad if she had to hear exhaust drone over "the little mermaid"? I have been kickin around the idea of electric dumps. And since it will be on a direct port 200 shot soon the added flow couldn't hurt at wot. I'm also gonna raise my shift points I'm runnin a tunnel ram it seems to bog when it shifts to third in a bad way. How high is yours spinin? Mines 6200
6200 also. we sell the dougs electric domps where i work motorville/starperformance.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i found some pics but no video. look up heartland park then go to fan guide and daryls photos. 5/17 streetcar takeover. im the 2012 silver rcsb.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Staging Lane

Good kills
Old 06-05-2014, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heavychevy01
Good kills
thank you sir. i was crazy happy after killin 2 mustangs i a row. i thought i died and went to chevy heaven!