Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Ran my friends Hemi Ram

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ran my friends Hemi Ram

His truck:2010 dodge ram 5.7 hemi four door 2wd, the smaller rear cab. Has stock 20s, bully dog set as high as it will go, mopar intake, shorty headers, borla dual exhaust, larger throttlebody, 3.92 gears. (I believe thats all).

My truck: 2004 Chevy Silverado ext cab 2wd. Lifted 5" on 33" mud tires. Wheatley tune 89 octane, corsa exhaust, K&N FIPK, Pacesetter longtubes, 4.56 gears. Stock 5.3L and a built trans with a mild stall.

First run from 40 roll, I jump out a truck on him and was pulling and he got out of about 60mph, easily had him covered. Second run from 60, well more like 62 or 63. My trans only downshifted to third instead of second but I still pulled a little before he pulled just over a truck length on me. I reeled him in about to his rear doors and had to get out of it because of a car in my lane. I'm positive if I would have been doing 60 and my trans would have downshifted to 2nd (or manually downshifted)it would have been a little different, and if there wasnt traffic I believe I would have ended up beating him or it would have been close. But a win goes his way on that one. I want to do a dig run with him next time, hopefully in the day time so I can film it with my phone. I figured a truck with about a 100hp advantage on me would have beaten me pretty bad, but this wasn't the case, and I'm sure that old chevy on big mud tires really surprised him.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Nice...
Old 07-05-2013, 05:57 PM
rj2
Launching!

Thats crazy. I am in mid build of my hemi after selling the procharged escalade. Its sct tuned. Cam. Throttle body. Random cai. And cnc heads. So far. Still stock gears And I have smoked trucks with it that have more work done to them than yours does....its a ccsb 2wd also. 5.7 hemi..bit either way nice runs. Your truck either runs hard or his truck is a turd. Needs a better tune for one
Old 07-05-2013, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No video?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Nice runs. The new hemi trucks don't run as good as you think they would with the hp they say they make. Has to be a prob in there trans. I watched one at our track do 10 flat over and over in the 1/8.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

it was dark as hell so no use filming that. He has agreed to do it again, a dig run and another roll run. He said he ran a newer silverado and he completely smoked him. Of course he is ragging me for the 60 roll, i told him if that car wasnt there it might have been different. He laughs and says he will give me three lengths next time, I told him I would take that race and we could do it for $100 LoL. On the runs last night he honked them off too so he got the hit both times.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rj2
Thats crazy. I am in mid build of my hemi after selling the procharged escalade. Its sct tuned. Cam. Throttle body. Random cai. And cnc heads. So far. Still stock gears And I have smoked trucks with it that have more work done to them than yours does....its a ccsb 2wd also. 5.7 hemi..bit either way nice runs. Your truck either runs hard or his truck is a turd. Needs a better tune for one
What I have found with the dodges is that they are all over the place, some will run decent while others will run hard as hell with the same stuff. The chevys seem a little more consistent accross the board.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have smoked a couple rcsb hemi trucks. one had a hood scoop and dual side exit exhaust. he thought he was **** **** until i waxed him by about 3 trucks 0 to 60.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
On the runs last night he honked them off too so he got the hit both times.
Go to the track if you want fair. If he jumps, the chase is the race.
Originally Posted by craigsix
i have smoked a couple rcsb hemi trucks. one had a hood scoop and dual side exit exhaust. he thought he was **** **** until i waxed him by about 3 trucks 0 to 60.
I've smoked many rcsb chevys, fords and dodges too.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:24 PM
rj2
Launching!

Yea they are kinda randok but there are some out there mine including that are an exception. Its responded well to the mods and tuning..but it also pulled pretty good bone stock. And its surprised a few of my buddies running ls trucks. Its not as fast as the caddy on 8 psi but its surley not slow

Quick Reply: Ran my friends Hemi Ram