Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

A good night cruising...gave it some gas 2 times

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A good night cruising...gave it some gas 2 times

I just wanted to get out and enjoy this cool night and if i got any races that would be a plus. I was cruising around in my s10 at 40mph, saving gas, just passing time. About 30 minutes of driving around and I pulled up to a light all alone. Then pulls up a newer model chevy ecsb with some rims. I didnt want to race him for the heck of it so I didnt entice them. To my surprise I hear a couple of revs being thrown my way. I look over and two guys my age are shaking their heads like they want to race. I smile and say okay. Light goes green and I feather it to 3/4 throttle and bang it into 2nd. I am many lengths ahead so I let off. The pull up beside me and throw a couple of thumbs ups.

I cruise around for another few minutes and decide to head home. I pull up to a light and here comes an s10 just like mine. It is primered and had a single pipe turned down. Sounded like a v6. I believe they live in my neighborhood. The 2 guys in the truck start looking at me and gesturing to race so I agreed. I dropped the ratchet shifter down to 1st and awaited the green light. The light goes green and i feather the throttle to 3/4 and hammer to 2nd. I assume they didnt race or it died at the light because I was 10 lengths ahead. I only got to about 50 mph then let off to 40. The floored it past me and kept on into the distance.

Sorry for the long post of boring races.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

When are you gonna take that thing to the track??? It out to run very well, I would think 12's easily if you can hook... I did have a 91 that I was going to put a 383 in.

TJ
Old 10-08-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

gotta love those S-10s' I saw one around here the other day, it looked like yours except it was primer grey, with wide deep dish rims/tires on the back, skinnies on the front, dual exhuast, cowl, a huge tach on the dash, cowl and a nasty lope. I pulled up next to the guy at a light (we werent at the front of the line) Asked him what he had, he said a V-6 and wouldnt tell me much. I had to pull any information out of him, and I asked him if it had a cam (was obvious) and he said yea just a little one . He had a grin like a possum, I smelled a set up and just left him alone.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OrlandoFL4.8
gotta love those S-10s' I saw one around here the other day, it looked like yours except it was primer grey, with wide deep dish rims/tires on the back, skinnies on the front, dual exhuast, cowl, a huge tach on the dash, cowl and a nasty lope. I pulled up next to the guy at a light (we werent at the front of the line) Asked him what he had, he said a V-6 and wouldnt tell me much. I had to pull any information out of him, and I asked him if it had a cam (was obvious) and he said yea just a little one . He had a grin like a possum, I smelled a set up and just left him alone.
I hate people that won't tell you what their running. Like it's some CIA secret, if they told you they would have to kill you. What an idiot! Sometimes people like that won't even race because they don't want to find out that their **** is not as fast as they think.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

I tell whoever wants to know lol. If i get beat then you get my respect. Of course, after I tell you what I have and you tell me you have a 4 cylinder with a K&N filter and glasspack and want to run, I might not want to waste my time. Then again I might slightly press the gas up to the speed limit as I did in these races. I will be going to the track as soon as I get an oil change, exhaust gaskets and of course tires.