PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Walbro 450 Install (in progress)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

got ya cause the stock ff pump would support 550 on gas as why i was wondering
Old 03-14-2015, 11:23 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Byrdman11
Not that the high pressure relief. But I think you know that now. Just making sure.
Tomāto/Tomäto

It's both. It functions as the regulator if the FPCM or FP sensor goes out and the pump gets full voltage, so it must be calibrated to maintain a pressure just over the pressure that the FPCM tries to maintain.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrX
Tomāto/Tomäto

It's both. It functions as the regulator if the FPCM or FP sensor goes out and the pump gets full voltage, so it must be calibrated to maintain a pressure just over the pressure that the FPCM tries to maintain.
Ahh okay. I get it. Just waiting on my fittings now.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Whats up guys. I need some input. So like usual, I like to do things the hard way. I'm wanting to retain the stock fuel bucket and lid with my walbro 450. I was wanting to know what you all think would be the best way to connect a fuel line to where the factory pump connected to. Now remèmber the factory pump is held into this fitting with a bracket so the pump can't come loose from the fitting. I was wondering if just a fuel line hose clamp would be enough to hold a fuel line onto the fitting without poping off from the fuel pressure. This fitting has no barbs on it. And go figure, the expensive as submersible fuel line I bought is to big for this fitting to make a tight seal. So any ideals would be great. The fitting is where the flat head screw driver is pointing at in the picture below.
Attached Thumbnails Walbro 450 Install (in progress)-image.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey all, I just wanted to let you know that I finally got my walbro 450 installed today. I started it up and let here run for about 5 minutes and then revved it a few times and everything seems fine. I will take it for a spin tonight. I ended up installing it the way I wanted to. I was able to retain all the factory stuff such as the fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator. I have it installed in the bucket with the sock at the bottom and the bucket lid snapped on. Will ad pictures later
Old 03-26-2015, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Drove the truck to the gym and back. Still no issues or check engine lights. Put the truck under full boost for a quick second and I didn't notice any issues. So far so good!
Attached Thumbnails Walbro 450 Install (in progress)-img_2004.jpg   Walbro 450 Install (in progress)-img_2001.jpg  
Old 03-28-2015, 10:15 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you do anything with the plastic nipple to keep the hose from sliding off? Did you flare the ends of the metal tubing?
Old 03-28-2015, 01:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

The metal tubing is actually stainless steel 180* barbed fittings for soda machines haha. For the plastic nipple, it just heated it up a little bit and pressed a punch into it to add a little flare to it, and put the clamp on really tight. I tugged on the hose and couldn't pull it off the nipple, so I think it will be fine. That was really the only thing I was worried about. I also did some cutting on the lid to make room for the lines to come out and go back into the bucket.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad the install went good for you. I love the 450s
Old 03-29-2015, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Byrdman11
Glad the install went good for you. I love the 450s
Ya man, so far so good. Thanks for answering all my stupid questions haha. Now I just need to wire in my ethanol sensor, then I'm going e85 and more boost!

Quick Reply: Walbro 450 Install (in progress)