PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Tired Out '00 Ecsb Z71 Turbo Project/Build/Whatever

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tired Out '00 Ecsb Z71 Turbo Project/Build/Whatever

Ill start off by sayin that this is the second silverado Ive ever owned (Im 23). First one was lifted 3" with 33" tires, exhaust, intake and was totaled while at school in PA (2007). Probably would still have it if not for that.

Flash forward to now...Ive had this black truck ever since that accident when it had 108k miles on it. It now currently sits at just over 163k miles and only mods performance wise to date are 2.5 bullet muffler dumped before axle, SLP intake, and Blackbear 93 performance tune. The SS 20's have been traded off to a guy at work for his help in getting some stuff done for me.

When I first bought it, had duals out the back, bed cover, and grille guard...

After debadging, black SS 20s, lift block delete, tahoe chin, painted mirrors, and flowmaster delete lol not so 4x4 looking...

Back to looking like this since i traded the 20s... pic was taken before painted mirros and lower chin.

Now the build part...This site sure as hell hasnt helped keep some fun ideas out of my head and Ive finaly set my long term goals for what I wanna do. Ive started to prepare by rebuilding the front diff and installing larger front rotors and better rear rotors with hawk pads. Also have a pcv catch can to help keep the top end clean. These have all been done since last fall.

The BIG goal is to have this truck (yes even with 163k on the clock) up and running safely on 6-8#s of KBracing's MP70 intercooled turbo kit... BY Ocean City's Summer Cruisin' event this mid May. Some of the more important mods have been purchased such as my much needed LS1 fans w/ harness, Eaton Truetrac (stock 3.73s) and Moser cover and stud kit.
Soon to come are some Centerline Ultra Stingrays in 20"x8.5" with new tires to finish off the chassis stuff for now. Trans will get all the good parts to make it like a level 7 with a Circle D converter somewhere in the 2500-3000 range. Also will pick up a 40k trans cooler. Fuel will be bosch intank and 60# injectors.

Ill add some more pictures of the stuff i have for now and update my plans as the come along... I still have more to type about the goals I want to achieve but Ill add that in later!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:45 PM

Here's a picture of the Blackbear efan harness, put together very well.

Rear diff studs and cover...

And the Truetrac.. someone please tell if it doesnt look like the right one, went off of summits search. ordered the 8.5/8.62 30 spline.

For now just looking for reliable 6-8# once i know its not gonna crap out right away i might turn it up to 10-12#. Eventually im gonna install the 2" shackles i have and either turn the bars down an inch or just get spindles or something. Plan on getting new front and adding rear sway bars. And when I do lower it more probably will get some helper bags for the handfull of times i may need to tow in the near future.
After I get the suspension done i might look into some sort of turbo cam or maybe Z06 cam like a few guys on here. Just looking for a solid truck that can handle deep snow with 4wd, pull a car or boat trailer, and be able to run some 12s even if its high 12s.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Truck looks great. Sounds like we have very similar goals, maybe cuz we are similar ages and have great taste! Subscribed.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

great goals and what you want is very do-able! I am glad to see that you are taking caution in beefing up the drivetrain before starting on the go fast goodies! It always goes bad when you do it the other way around.......ask me how I know

Good luck and ready to see more pics of the build!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:30 PM

Yea we'll see how quick I can get it all done. I really want to get it all done before Ocean City but i also want to make sure i can get everyone home if im towing a car there lol. but if i hurry up and get my *** to order more stuff it might get done in time.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:43 PM

Just curious, Magnacharger kits start at like 6lbs and id think most people dont upgrade theirs trans wouldnt it be just as safe or safer with a turbo since there isnt that instant torque load on the trans? Just wondering cause it might take me longer to get someone I know to rebuild the trans for me then it would for me to install kyle's kit and do the fuel pump and injectors.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:37 PM

Not too big of an update as of yet but ill just say another step in the build has happened.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Go On
Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Launching!

where did you get the diff cover at? u and static54 are going to have fun with your build ill be whatching for updates.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:26 PM

all the rear diff parts came from summit. running the stock 3.73s.

static, ill just say payment has been sent!

Quick Reply: Tired Out '00 Ecsb Z71 Turbo Project/Build/Whatever