PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Something Different, Something Fresh: My version of an AMA Outdoor National Race Bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 01:18 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Kicked it off tonight. Sounds good. Still need to bleed brakes, install chain and graphics...and then get it dirty.

Name:  s1200_IMG_2346_zpsnmqmfrsy.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  253.5 KB

Name:  s1200_IMG_2344_zpstlw7euh9.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  254.5 KB
Old 01-26-2017, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

IMO- no graphics. Unless they are paying sponsors, but that's just my taste.

When's first ride?

Can you tear down the cylinder after a few hours on the motor? Im curious how that microblue works out
Old 01-28-2017, 01:45 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by wretched73
IMO- no graphics. Unless they are paying sponsors, but that's just my taste.

When's first ride?

Can you tear down the cylinder after a few hours on the motor? Im curious how that microblue works out
If we lived by that, we'd never be able to ride. lol

Whats your secret?
Old 01-28-2017, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
If we lived by that, we'd never be able to ride. lol

Whats your secret?
Secret? What do you mean?
Old 02-10-2017, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your an idiot!

Originally Posted by Washedupmotoxer215
I have been reading on this site for the past year because I am planning on building a turbo ls chevy of my own soon. There was no need for me to post because I dont know nearly as much about these trucks as everyone on this sight... Then I saw this motox build and I was stoked because I have been racing my entire life and qualified for a number of ama outdoor races and supercross events... That being said I think the bike you are building is turning out pretty nice but in the most respectful way possible is not nearly as special as your trying to hype it up to be... Since going thru a couple life threatening injuries and being lucky enough to get a very good job that i cant risk losing I have retired from my dream of making it as a underpaid struggling motocrosser... I am a huge two stroke fanatic, grew up racing yz80s, 125s, 250s and currently building a bad *** yz250. I dont know what happened between you and Derrick Harris but I will tell you that guy is by far the best most knowledgable engine builder there is period!!! He has built me and many other people the most insane engines around! He currently has by far the fastest most reliable yz144 package there is! Back in the day when Chad Reed was racing factory yz250s team yamaha was looking at what Derrick was doing because he was building faster engines then factory yamaha could! So I think you are way off base on that aspect... Sure Tom Morgan is one of the top porting guys but couldnt hold a candle to the custom billet cylinder, custom gear ratio billet transmission, custom single ring piston 60+ hp Non big bore engines Derrick builds!!! He has taught be so much its ridiculous! You want the fastest 250 two stroke built go to him! I dont know if you have seen the bike builds on vital but those are real as close to factory builds as they get! I mean your bike still has a regular 2ring wiseco, not even Akit suspension, regular triple clamps, no frame mods, no rmz subframe? I am currently building a yz250 kind of like yours rm. i did anodized black frame (powdercoat add pounds of weight!) custom build lightweight subframe, all titanium aluminum bolts on everything, yzf swingarm lighter more flex with holeshot linkage, custom lowered radiators and lightweight seat foam to lower cog, Akit 50mm showa suspension custom triples honda hspd damper,custom wheelset with tubeless tires, custom lightwheet plastics and graphics, custom billet calipers with motostuff rotors, the frame and engine mounts machined to tune more flex intoit to feel more like a steel frame yz and last but not least Derrick built engine just like chad reeds factory 2004 yz250 with chokeless magnesium carb! Your build is cool dont get me wrong but its nothing that special...
How is that for your double ring piston bitch! Your so full of ****!
Old 02-11-2017, 01:23 AM
8 Second Truck Club

lol somebody is fired up tonight.

Hey zuk, not sure if I told you, but this Washedupmotoxer215 guy is just screaming "I'm a troll on the loose cause I don't have a bike". In all seriousness, looking at his join date and only 1 post I can't help but think this guy is actually a member who has created an alias just to **** on stuff that I post. For some reason there is one or two guys who visit this site that for some reason or another try to troll and shower me with hate. It's pretty funny as I feel comfortable saying that I've never blown anyone off that asked for advise or help and consider myself to be a friendly, decently contributing member to the tech aspect of this forum. I do the forum thing not in an attempt at gaining glory or "likes" from school girl social media tramps, but to help others and get help from others. Motorsports for me is a passion most enjoyed when sharing and interacting with others.

Hell, after thinking about it, he could actually be Derrick Harris himself trying to cover any bad press that he gets. You and I, along with everyone else that plays in this arena, knows for a fact that Harris is a ******* tool box. It cracks me up that this dude (whether it is him or not) actually believes that Factory Yamaha needed his help cause they couldn't get it done on their own.

To prove this, I'll treat this situation like I treated George.

Washedupmotoxer215,

If you wanna put your money where your mouth is, you name the time and place and I'll bring this bike and we can do whatever back to back test you want to show you that your "harris" motor can't compete. We can do a dyno test or hell, I'll pay a test rider to come out and ride both to give his unbiased opinion. I'll put up a couple grand if you can cover that and we will see what the results are when the 2 smoke clears. No hard feelings. If you win, you win and I learned something. If I win, I'll use the money to buy you some knee pads so that you can work away your bill at Derrick Harris's "race shop".
Old 02-11-2017, 06:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

Don't do it! You won't have a chance in hell using regular triple clamps.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:02 AM
8 Second Truck Club

lol, how do you figure this thing has a stock set of triple clamps on it?
Old 02-12-2017, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

Because:
Originally Posted by Washedupmotoxer215
...I mean your bike still has a regular 2ring wiseco, not even Akit suspension, regular triple clamps, no frame mods, no rmz subframe?...
Old 02-13-2017, 01:26 AM
8 Second Truck Club

lol, I see. Some of the **** talking in here is hard to figure out who is serious and who is joking.

I suppose it is somewhat self inflicted. I mean, I'm the jack *** for starting this thread with such a bold title. I guess some people get more worked up than others. Dude probably wears white framed sunglasses and Affliction T-shirts. I'm surprised he didn't ask if I lift. lol