PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project Silver Bullet!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I was hoping Speed Eng. headers were a better fit. I've read many posts that said they were. Mine is 4x4 so I guess I'm in for even more headaches!
Old 10-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by signguy62
Man, I was hoping Speed Eng. headers were a better fit. I've read many posts that said they were. Mine is 4x4 so I guess I'm in for even more headaches!
Well I think my issue may be due to sagging motor mounts. I have yet to replace these with new ones so I am still unsure if this is the cause for my issue or not.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Another update and some changes to original plans. Just picked up a set of 799's with valves off craigslist and the plan is to send them out to Phil @ Advanced Inductions to get them ported and milled. The amount of milling has not yet been determined . After that is set I am going to have them suggest or grind a custom cam to match my setup.

Before I do the top end I decided that I am going to update the fuel system first and get new injectors tuned correctly before adding a **** ton more variables ( heads/cam ). So my next plan is get a suitable fuel pump in the tank and get some 8.1 marine injectors plugged in ( want these for plug and play ease).

I also got a new cluster with transmission temp from the junkyard and had a local shop adjust the odometer to match my current mileage. Now I know that I installed the tranny cooler correctly - havent seen temps get up to 200 with new 3600 stall yet...

Updated plans:

installed:
-hptuners (installed and playing )
-built 4l60e transmission by Sean @ Top Gear Motorsports in Mesa, AZ
-speed engineering 1 3/4 SS headers and ORY (have not tested for emissions yet)
-AFR500 wideband
-efans
-tranny cooler - tru cool 40k
-Edge Pro 3600 stall torque converter
-swapped cluster for stock one with trans temp

Ordered and not installed:
-craigslist 799 heads stock with stock valves
-ati super dampener

Waiting to be ordered:
-engine mounts (i think mine are sagging? we will see after these are installed)
-ported heads/cam - going with AI for port work on the 799's and get a recommended cam from AI based on setup
-items for head/cam swap ( lifters, gaskets, springs, pushrods, oil pump, bolts, etc)
-rear end - trutrac, 4.10's, rear end girdle
-custom driveshaft - stock one is not safe over 100mph so I plan on getting a custom one made (by who?)
-new fuel pump
-8.1 marine injectors
-intake manifold?? fast, nnbs, tbss, ls6???

_zblee

Last edited by zblee; 10-29-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Got my crane spring compressor tool and removing the old springs and valves getting ready to send to Advanced Inductions.

Oh and this came in the mail from a fellow PT.net member!

Old 11-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really good looking build on this thing.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Love the direction you are going with this! Also caught my eye because you are in my old stomping grounds, I was born and raised in/near phx.

Keep it up!
Old 11-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Got my new walbro pump and assembly in the mail today, wasnt expecting it to come until friday! yeah for summit!

Part number TU432HP - ready to drop in. Has the walbo 255lph already installed in the bucket - just need to make the swap. I also have some high pressure submersible fuel line that I may replace the plastic one with, if i can safely remove it...

I also think I found the fuel injectors I want to get. They are the deatschwerks 38lb injectors that come standard with the multec2 so they plug right in and are a direct replacement, part number 32d-00-0038-8. These seem to be a good brand and a lot of people seem to use their 60lb version of these and have been running strong. I also decided to choose these (have not pulled the trigger yet) because they will provide all of the tuning data needed to get these to work - I emailed tech support to confirm this and waiting for response back. They are actually the cheapest ones I can find as well - others may be cheaper but require wire adapters and possibly other mods to get them to fit (height wise).

Old 11-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Got my new fuel pump installed today. It was just me and a buddy and we tried to remove the bed completely but it was too heavy (bed also had a heavy duty aluminum rolling bed cover installed). decided to just slide the bed back far enough to gain access to fuel pump and do the swap. Had to transfer the old clips to the new unit and everything plugged in and ran as it should. Now I am ready for new injectors and the fuel system should be good to go after the injectors.

Bed slid back enough to expose the fuel pump

Had to pull the bumper off and take the rear wheels off to allow enough room to slide the bed back

old pump

new pump

_Zblee
Old 11-14-2015, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Liking the progress! Smart thinking with sliding the bed back too.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:43 PM

Wow, you seem to run into so many problems. Glad it still works out! I would've given up a long time ago

Quick Reply: Project Silver Bullet!