PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project Silver Bullet!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good
Old 02-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got some better idle clips with no background noise. here is one with the exhuast cutout closed

and another with it open.

_Zblee
Old 02-21-2016, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Made it to the track last night and was able to get a best of 14.16 @ 97.56. I got my truck as light as possible. No tailgate, no spare tire, and no passenger seat or console. still had the heavy 20" rims with 275/55/20 street tires all around and weighed in at 4225 (without me) with about 1/2 tank of gas. got 9 runs in and was lowering my 60' each time. I didn't have any traction issues so I think I just need to stall it higher until I start spinning. did not get a chance to find my limit or my lowest 60'.

Here is my first (slowest) and my best

hoping to find a set of track wheels (some stock 16" aluminum and throw some slicks on the back ) to help get out of that hole faster. if I can knock it down to 2.0 or less I will be in the high 13's

_zblee
Old 02-22-2016, 04:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Any idea what the DA was last night when you ran? Trying to figure out what it would have run in weather conditions similar to what I am used to.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
Any idea what the DA was last night when you ran? Trying to figure out what it would have run in weather conditions similar to what I am used to.
No but according to airdensityonline.com it was around 3119. seems to be similar weather today (just breezier today) and around the same time

_Zblee
Old 02-22-2016, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Not perfect, but dragtimes corrects it to 13.77 at a little over 100 MPH. (0 DA)
Old 09-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Launching!

More go fast parts!

_Zblee
Old 09-30-2016, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Got the oil pans swapped out. was torquing the last bolt and heard that horrible snap that occurs when you break a bolt. of course it has to be the very last bolt. so i had to pull the pan off again and luckily the broken bolt came right out so i decided to replace all of the bolts and got a set of ARP bolts. went smoother the second time and no leaks as of yet. now pan is tapped for oil drain and oil feed .

Bought a used fuel pump module that I am going to stick my walbro 450 in. start dissambly and did some cutting so the new pump can sit on the bottom. going to splice into the wire harness and also need a longer section of fuel pump hose because the one supplied with the walbro is too short. I think I am going to ditch the fuel sock that came with the walbro and get one of those holley hyrdamat socks.

got my hotwire kit from racetronix but the connectors do not match up with fuel module that I just bought and am modifying. I did some research and there was a recall on the wire connectors that connect to hat of the fuel pump module. I decided i would update to the new connector so I bought some connecters and terminals and going to replace the connectors on the hotwire kit with the new version and also update the connector on my truck.

once the wiring harness is updated and the walbro in the bucket I will be ready to install the new pump system. but first i need to install the FPR that i have sitting in a box. just waiting to figure out where to mount the damn thing .

_zblee
Old 10-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw where you said you tapped your oil pan for the feed line, is that the bung welded on the driver side by the filter? No oil will make it to your turbo if you hook a line from there to the turbo. You have to have a pressurized source to feed your turbo. Normal guys will drill and tap the port above the oil filter for the feed. I might have misunderstood what you were doing but it doesn't hurt to mention it. I'd hate to see you burn up a turbo from lack of oil.

Last edited by matte99; 10-01-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by matte99
I saw where you said you tapped your oil pan for the feed line, is that the bung welded on the driver side by the filter? No oil will make it to your turbo if you hook a line from there to the turbo. You have to have a pressurized source to feed your turbo. Normal guys will drill and tap the port above the oil filter for the feed. I might have misunderstood what you were doing but it doesn't hurt to mention it. I'd hate to see you burn up a turbo from lack of oil.
i actually dont have a picture of the oil feed. the driver side bung is just an oil temp sensor . oil feed is an adapter on the oil cooler block off that is the typical place to get pressurized oil feed from. have a -4AN fitting capped off waiting for an oil line.

i guess i did not put any description on the pictures. what is pictured is a -10An fitting for oil drain on the passenger side and a fitting for an oil temp sensor on the driver side , i dont remember but i think its 1/4NPT? the sensor is plugged in but have not connected it to my gauges yet.

_zblee

Quick Reply: Project Silver Bullet!