PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My family's Chevy Suburban

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My family's Chevy Suburban

Ok so I have decided that this is the site for me to start a project thread. My dad has owned this suburban since it was new in 1994 if I remember correctly (I was really young lol) but it has been in Washington state for its whole life until recently my dad retired from the Air Force and now for the past few months it has resided in Texas where my parents moved. And since I was probably fifteen (I am 22 now) I have been begging my dad for ownership. When they moved down there he said I could have it seeing as he wants to upgrade to an Avalanche. So all I have to do is pick it up and drive it back to Washington which will hopefully happen at the beginning of the year. So that's the back story. Now obviously I have had to focus my attention on my own car so specifics are fuzzy. I believe it is a 1994 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2wheel drive, with the 350 in it. So the plan for now is pick it up, and do a full restoration to factory clean(re-chrome, re-paint the same color, and a full interior detailing) this will be a little bit of a tribute to my dad simply because his is the most amazing guy I know. I don't have big mod plans yet simply because this truck has a lot of sentimental value to me and I don't want to loose its memories and I will NEVER sell it. The only mod my dad ever did was he had a six disk cd changer which I believe now is disabled because of a battery drain problem he was having. The only thing that has really stuck in my mind for any modification is I really like the Joe Gibbs wheels. This will be my project vehicle, it will no longer be a daily driver. I have loved this truck for a very long time I think it is the best truck chassis out there and I think it is also the best looking generation(9th) of Silverado.

Some quick iPhone pics from my mom

Last edited by BurntBurb; 11-03-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:59 AM
On The Tree

I pick it up in April. Just in time to clean it up all pretty for my wedding! Tell me what u guys think. comments suggestions all welcome!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

looks just like my tahoe.... cept its longer lol... get your big boy pants on and get it stripped apart lol
Old 11-06-2011, 01:32 AM
On The Tree

lol like I said for now i will justne doing a very serious detailing and fixes. i will get more into an actual restoration and possible mods when I have a garage
Old 11-06-2011, 04:35 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I say 6.0 swap, bagged on 26"s, 4 15s in the back seat, custom glass dash and center console!

Just kidding, glad to see you are getting your childhood dream vehicle.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:12 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like burbans , looks good
Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

Drop it and add a good set of wheels = Instant attitude adjustment!!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

yeah I will probably adjust the stance a little some nice strong set of wheels. and a nice sounding exhaust. When I have a shop space swap a bigger motor in and put in the heavy duty trans. and a locking diff. I will be going more for a muscle truck over a gangster truck.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Okay so just a little update, I am down here in Texas not to pick up the 'Burb just yet. I am here because my mom ain't doing to well. But as for the truck I did manage to get her a well deserved wash. Also yesterday she got a new alternator. And tomorrow I will hopefully be getting her a new drivers inner door panel the currant one got it's arm rest ripped off. Lol my fault. Gotta love Texas Pick n Pull.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:24 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahh, americas last fullsize vehicles, I LOVE SUBURBANS!!!

My dad has always had suburbans, We love the room and V-8 Rear wheel drive.

That is a perfect vehicle to mod, congrats.

Gibbs wheels wont fit on that 5 lug bolt pattern though, change the hubs or adaptors though, Gibbs wheels would look badass on that truck.

Quick Reply: My family's Chevy Suburban