PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

The Lil Red S10

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, I just sold my 01 that was the exact same thing as your truck except no bed cover and factory xtreme wheels still.

Interested to see how things go for you!
Old 02-10-2017, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Following! I am starting by build on my 00' S-10 extreme. Has a 2.2 in it with a hole in a piston.

Why wouldn't you utilize the Ls1 ecm in the truck and just get a new wiring harness? Use hpt or efi live to tune it with? That even allows you to utilize the stock gauges.

I am planning that route with a build 408ci and a lot of spray. What tranny you going with? Your not planning on using the 4l60 thats in it are you? I snagged a explorer 8.8" rear end for 150 buck at a junk yard. You don't have to narrow it to fit under the rear. And I'm hoping to 4-link the rear.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Sorry it's been a while. work gets in the way. Just found a cheap T5 even though i was planning on T56. has anyone had much luck with these? Hard to find t56 here for under 1500 used.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AkSSS
Following! I am starting by build on my 00' S-10 extreme. Has a 2.2 in it with a hole in a piston.

Why wouldn't you utilize the Ls1 ecm in the truck and just get a new wiring harness? Use hpt or efi live to tune it with? That even allows you to utilize the stock gauges.

I am planning that route with a build 408ci and a lot of spray. What tranny you going with? Your not planning on using the 4l60 thats in it are you? I snagged a explorer 8.8" rear end for 150 buck at a junk yard. You don't have to narrow it to fit under the rear. And I'm hoping to 4-link the rear.
from what i read (take it with a grain of salt) the LS1 harness to use would be a 98+. i guess wiring changed. and even with the LS1 the LM7 has a few sensors that wont fit. I'm not using the 4L60E. in fact, it's still in cali at a friends house to do what he wants with. The wiring in the truck was destroyed. some one decided cutting it up for the knock sensors was better than just un-clipping them. for the rear, i'm looking for a 12bolt, c-clip eleminators, and i'm going to chop off all the brackets to redo them for a 3-link. I can possibly go get the computers from the truck. the hood was off and it sat out for who knows how long. no idea if they are even still in working condition.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:38 PM
Teching In

After a few hrs of depression it looks like i'm just going to buy a new tranny. Its damn near impossible to find a junkyard T56, and harder to find one for under 1800. A new one if around 2200, so why not use the extra 400 and get a new one? If anyone is on the east coast (VA to GA) and know where i can get one, please let me know if it's around 800-1200.