PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

HooWybrow's 2014 DCSB 6.2L #ruined4x4

Old 10-16-2014, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ls88truck
truck is sick bro have a rcsb myself that im trying to cam, turbo ect, who did the work?
Thanks, man. I do all my own work. I'm a licensed GM tech, that's what I do on the daily, haha.

Originally Posted by 03chevytruck
Really dig this truck.... Hmmm. Got me thinking about a new truck now....
Thanks! and you're welcome? Or I'm sorry... not sure which. Hahaha.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:49 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

converters have come a long way. Thats very true. If it was my truck I'd rather keep it tight and add some sort of boost instead of going wild with a cam and heads.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

So you said the mileage is increadable......how good is it?
Old 10-16-2014, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a whipple
Old 10-16-2014, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Super nice truck!!
are those replica wheels or did they come your truck?
Old 10-28-2014, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
converters have come a long way. Thats very true. If it was my truck I'd rather keep it tight and add some sort of boost instead of going wild with a cam and heads.
Apparently the 2014's stall all the way to 2400rpm, whoda known? Hopefully going to get the truck tuned next Tuesday and hit the track to test this theory out next Friday. Really would love a 13 second pass before I've owned the truck for a year.

Originally Posted by 53bowtie
So you said the mileage is increadable......how good is it?
Currently with no tune and the cam, plus smaller overall diameter tires, I'm getting about 11.1L/100Km. I don't know what that equates to in mileage, sorry guys, but that's 90% city and I'm not exactly easy on it, plus it's getting cold now so I'm letting it idle a fair bit to warm up in the morning's, etc. Again, pretty happy with it.

Originally Posted by SLCviaAK
Do a whipple
I have weeeeellllll over-spent my budget for this year, so I'll have to see what next year brings, things got quite out of hand this year, I need to tone it down for a while once it's tuned, hahaha.

Originally Posted by musclecity85
Super nice truck!!
are those replica wheels or did they come your truck?
Thank you! They're GM Accessory wheels, I got them through the dealership I work at, they came in a bright chrome and I had them blasted and powdercoated.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so what size tire are you running?
Old 10-28-2014, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually got to Cayuga, was there this past Friday night, was nice and quiet and surprisingly a bunch of trucks there which was nice. Where do you normally go? Cayuga or St. Thomas? I haven't been to St. Thomas in a very long time.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by musclecity85
so what size tire are you running?
285/35/22.

Originally Posted by GXPJAY
I usually got to Cayuga, was there this past Friday night, was nice and quiet and surprisingly a bunch of trucks there which was nice. Where do you normally go? Cayuga or St. Thomas? I haven't been to St. Thomas in a very long time.
We usually go to St. Thomas, it's closer for us to head up on Friday nights after work. We all had boycotted St. Thomas for a number of years after it changed ownership a couple of times, it was a joke, weren't allowed to race without mufflers on Fridays, they only ran 1/8th, etc etc... the place was a joke.

Anyways, it's under new ownership again and is back to it's old ways it seems. I made an appointment to get the truck tuned next Thursday (a week from today) so I'm hoping for good weather Friday and to knock out a 13 second pass before winter and/or nitrous.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HooWybrow
285/35/22.

We usually go to St. Thomas, it's closer for us to head up on Friday nights after work. We all had boycotted St. Thomas for a number of years after it changed ownership a couple of times, it was a joke, weren't allowed to race without mufflers on Fridays, they only ran 1/8th, etc etc... the place was a joke.

Anyways, it's under new ownership again and is back to it's old ways it seems. I made an appointment to get the truck tuned next Thursday (a week from today) so I'm hoping for good weather Friday and to knock out a 13 second pass before winter and/or nitrous.
Nice, where are you getting tuned?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HooWybrow's 2014 DCSB 6.2L #ruined4x4