PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Holley Dominator Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates?
Old 10-13-2016, 02:41 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a hectic summer, so I haven't had a chance to work on the truck. Just starting to get back to it.

I ran a bunch of extra wires through the firewall for possible future I/Os. Just put together a harness for the Range indicator on the dash. I included the wires needed to the underhood power center for the backup lights. Also added a circuit to my LCD controller to provide 12V to the starter solenoid coil when in P or D. Could also have just done this through the range switch. Should be ready to drop the motor back in just in time for winter.
Attached Thumbnails Holley Dominator Install-range-indicator-harness.jpg   Holley Dominator Install-io-1.jpg  

Last edited by DrX; 07-14-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Exactly what I want to do with my truck. Keep posting up pictures. I like where this is going.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:19 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

I included additiona wiring forl IAT and ECT type sensors. The IO extension harness shown above mates with the 8 way IO connector of the main harness using a Delphi Metri-Pack 150 connector P/N 12047931, terminals 12047581, 15324525 TPA and seals 15324973.

Picked up a couple of LS2 knock sensor connectors to replace the LS1 style connectors....I believe my LSX block came ready for the LS2 sensors, so I can now toss the LS1 sensors I had screwed to the sides of the block.
Attached Thumbnails Holley Dominator Install-knock.jpg  

Last edited by DrX; 07-14-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:47 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Spent a few hours tearing out the mess of old wiring from behind the dash....remote start, immobilizer, pillar gauge wiring, etc.

Last edited by DrX; 07-14-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:49 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Ran wiring for the A/C pressure sensors and A/C clutch relay control signal back inside the cab in case I want to keep the A/C and make it work.

Not sure if I will bother with the oil level switch.

I don't have to worry about any 4WD stuff as I converted to 2WD.

Have to clean up the mess of relays that have been added over the years.

Also ran wiring for the fuel level sender back into the cab...these wires are in the light colored inline connector at the bottom of the underhood electrical center. Circuits 470 and 1589. I will rig up something for a fuel level display. The Holley dash won't display it as a gauge yet...from what I have read.

Removed the many now unused terminals from C2 of the electrical center and wired in the 9 circuits I need, including the A/C clutch control and supply, backup lamps, neutral safety(starter enable relay), fuel pump relay control, starter solenoid, 12V to trans solenoids, GND....

Edit: shouldn't have pulled the wire out of F3 on C2. Need that to control a new relay(+ve side of coil) that will ground D12 when the key is turned to "crank". D12 in turn activates the OE starter relay. F3 is the signal from the ignition switch. The new relay takes the place of the OE PCM in the starting circuit as shown in the below diagram.
Attached Thumbnails Holley Dominator Install-c2a.jpg   Holley Dominator Install-c2b.jpg   Holley Dominator Install-starting.png  

Last edited by DrX; 07-19-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good! Appreciate the updates!
Old 10-26-2016, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you have a pinout or printed guide you are going from to tell you which ones can get cut, removed, etc for your start, run and a/c features?
I'm about to start running my XFI and have been struggling with finding any type of walkthrough if you will, without yanking the whole dash and stringing up individual wires. I'm not quite good enough for that spaghetti
Old 10-26-2016, 08:47 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by shootermwc
Did you have a pinout or printed guide you are going from to tell you which ones can get cut, removed, etc for your start, run and a/c features?
I'm about to start running my XFI and have been struggling with finding any type of walkthrough if you will, without yanking the whole dash and stringing up individual wires. I'm not quite good enough for that spaghetti
I am working from the GM schematics for my vehicle. Have to go back and forth between the various systems(power/GND distribution, HVAC, cranking, trans, fuel system, etc) to get it all sorted out. What year is your truck?

Because the Holley harnesses provide power for the coils, injectors and sensors, those were all removed from C2 of the electrical center. I was going to make up a cleaned up modified pinout list for that connector.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:10 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

I picked up a couple of Littlefuse relay/fuse boxes to clean things up. The HWB60 should handle the 6 relays and associated fuses I have previously added at the electrical center. The HWB18 can house 2 additional relays plus more fuses. These use standard Metri-pack terminals with cable seals, so everything is water resistant.
Attached Thumbnails Holley Dominator Install-photo.jpg   Holley Dominator Install-littlefue1.png  

Last edited by DrX; 07-14-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Holley Dominator Install