PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

2014 RAM RCSB 5.7/8spd.......project-lite DD/part time Autocrosser

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 01:10 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes, I've been to Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The facility is absolutely awesome. I went to an NHRA race there a few years ago and got a free airshow during qualifying on Friday afternoon. I'd seriously consider moving there, but I'll never leave Houston area as long as I have family living here.

Just out of curiousity, do you know anyone who actually makes a living gambling? I'm not talking about the sponsored WSOP guys, but just regular people.

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to follow up and track down some history on a man I knew way too briefly before he passed away. He had an absolutely amazing life story before he passed away several years ago and was a self proclaimed professional gambler in Vegas. I became very close with the man for the last year of his life and he spoke of some tightly knit communities of professional gamblers and it intrigued the **** out of me. He was even there back when the mob was very openly active (I'm sure there is still some mob **** going on, but it is very much in the dark compared to the old days).

Absolutely sorry for derailing the thread with this topic. If you would like me to move it to pm's let me know. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:14 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
Yes, I've been to Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The facility is absolutely awesome. I went to an NHRA race there a few years ago and got a free airshow during qualifying on Friday afternoon. I'd seriously consider moving there, but I'll never leave Houston area as long as I have family living here.

Just out of curiousity, do you know anyone who actually makes a living gambling? I'm not talking about the sponsored WSOP guys, but just regular people.

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to follow up and track down some history on a man I knew way too briefly before he passed away. He had an absolutely amazing life story before he passed away several years ago and was a self proclaimed professional gambler in Vegas. I became very close with the man for the last year of his life and he spoke of some tightly knit communities of professional gamblers and it intrigued the **** out of me. He was even there back when the mob was very openly active (I'm sure there is still some mob **** going on, but it is very much in the dark compared to the old days).

Absolutely sorry for derailing the thread with this topic. If you would like me to move it to pm's let me know. Thanks.
What a cool story. Sadly, this is only on the second week I've been retired and I've only had about a month and a half total time home in the last 3 years so I'm not very familiar with the area or people; but I'm working on it!
Old 08-10-2016, 04:41 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Cool deal man.

....Regarding my story, the man lived 3 doors down from my parents and was such a great and special individual with an amazing life story. Like I said, I befriended him one day walking past his house and from that point on would go over there once or twice a week for him to tell me his life story. He lived alone and embraced the opportunity to talk to someone (I think he knew he was on his way out).

If I had been smart I would have recorded the conversations or taken some very good notes because the story was so good, it could have easily been written into a successful screen play.

Thanks for your time answering my unrelated questions.

Back on with your cool build thread.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:02 AM
what a rush!

Cool deal man.

....Regarding my story, the man lived 3 doors down from my parents and was such a great and special individual with an amazing life story. Like I said, I befriended him one day walking past his house and from that point on would go over there once or twice a week for him to tell me his life story. He lived alone and embraced the opportunity to talk to someone (I think he knew he was on his way out).

If I had been smart I would have recorded the conversations or taken some very good notes because the story was so good, it could have easily been written into a successful screen play.

Thanks for your time answering my unrelated questions.

Back on with your cool build thread.
Hey man no worries, this board is about more than just modding, we are all sort of internet friends that share a common interest so no hard feelings here brother!
Old 08-18-2016, 05:00 PM
what a rush!

Update: the shorter front front sway bar end links showed up today so that 1.5" solid sway bar should bolt up nicely now

Name:  2016-08-18%2014.34.31_zpsxgvy7otr.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  542.0 KB

new addition to the plan; going to change the color of my stock wheels to hot rod black and spray them with KBS coatings in my garage!

Name:  20160818_142413-1_zpssa6st6qx.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  595.4 KB

Name:  20160818_142143-1_zpssnj6zlj5.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  431.0 KB
Old 09-28-2016, 10:16 PM
what a rush!

got some prep work completed today:

rear liners removed and now I think I'm going to leave them off......I like being able to see all the suspension and stuff:

Name:  20160928_142630-1_zpsepgsxgkd.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  383.2 KB

Also took some ride height measurements to compare to when the drop is complete:

measurements taken from the ground, center wheel, to the fender lip, lowest point in the opening

LF 36 1/4
RF 36 3/4

LR 39
RR 39 1/2

so the right side definitely sits higher than the left

about 1/2" in the front

about 1/2" in the rear

so went ahead and removed the spare tire and lowering mechanism as well (those will now stay off too), going to give the rear suspension area a good bath with some simple green and a scrub brush.......I hate wrenching in dirt if I can help it (funny right)
Old 09-29-2016, 01:13 AM
8 Second Truck Club

It doesn't appear that you "hate wrenching in dirt"............you "don't wrench in dirt".

lol

We all know you are not a human and all of your vehicles are cgi and don't really exist.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:41 AM
what a rush!

It doesn't appear that you "hate wrenching in dirt"............you "don't wrench in dirt".

lol

We all know you are not a human and all of your vehicles are cgi and don't really exist.

lmao...you know what I mean.....I like a clean canvas (so to speak!)

No cgi here brother, although the idea is nice!
Old 09-29-2016, 09:07 AM
what a rush!

before pic:

Name:  3b83c69f-f8f2-47ba-bff1-c256311821ef_zpsuheemiuc.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  659.1 KB
Old 09-29-2016, 06:45 PM
what a rush!

prep job 2 complete.....oh and my front sway bar didn't feel hollow, damn, must be getting old or something!

Be interesting driving around in my truck for the next 24hrs with no swaybars......

Name:  20160929_161723_zps2jgealcx.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  252.3 KB

also ran a thread chaser on the rear sway bar nuts welded to the mount pads so the threads are good and clean for the new bolts! woot woot!

Last edited by moregrip; 09-29-2016 at 06:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 RAM RCSB 5.7/8spd.......project-lite DD/part time Autocrosser