PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

2008 yukon build.....Err uh mod thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Get pics monday its in my toolbox at moment... At work.....

Debating between gm kit and airaid jr....
Old 12-25-2015, 12:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Got a chance to clean most of my trashout of the yukon...

Had a request for some interior pics (tgui).... So here ya go.....

This dash need to either be wood of the brushed stainless look, both is bothering me.... Personally would prefer the stainless, but not worth expense or aggravation to change it.... At moment!!!

Broken oulet covers....

The new ones ive been too lazy....or busy, to install yet!!!

While i was cleaning the truck out i decided to check my rpo codes... LMG, M30, GT4, G80..... 5.3 flexfuel, afm, 4l60e, 3.73 with an other than open rear end.... Sounds like gov lock to me.... Not to pressed about swapping gears in this now aside from fixing the noisey *** front end, left carrier bearing is shot from the previous owner driving it in auto 4wd.... Debating on awd conversion or just keep what i have.... Guess it will depend on where and what i find a 6l80 out of when the time comes....

Last edited by Wolftrk99; 12-25-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Chrome handles i need to find time to get on the truck...... Really rather have a set of the black textured ones, but these were free so cant argue!!
Old 12-25-2015, 12:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Airaid makes a new intake tube and a replacement air filter. They call it a Jr. kit.

Or you can just purchase the tube through airaid.

The GM Performance parts kit has a whole new air box.

Show pictures of the cam and the damage.
Found a tube on ebay.... If i can get it for the curent bid i will be happy but even the b.i.n. is less than what i found it for elsewhere... I will either get a k&n drop in or aem dryflow and mod the box, heard of two or three different ways to mod the box, some say cut the existing opening others say cut the front side behind the headlight, im thinking do what the gm kit does and open the existing opening!!!
Old 12-27-2015, 02:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Dod delete question..... Sort of!!!

In process of deleting the afm/dod whatever you want to call it, i am going to pull the pan and either delete the relief valve or change the pan out for one that does not have it, and while i am in there plan on replacing the timing chain (cheap insurance at 115,000 miles) question becomes do i keep the tensioner or go the route of the ls2 style dampener. Have heard of chain failures using both, have seen a lot of failed(broken,separated) tensioners.... Other thing is are the chains the same or are the stock tensioned ones longer to compensate for the tensioner?? Already planning on 4x 3 bolt gear unless i can find a single bolt cam that will work... Still debating the addition of vvt at this point.... Wondering what an ls3 cam would do in a 5.3!!! Thinking not enough bottom end for a truck, much less a yukon...
Old 12-27-2015, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Slow at the part time job today so.....

Started on my door handles, not sure i like the chrome...

And swapped out the covers, realized the back of my center console was broke
Old 12-27-2015, 03:39 PM
Restricted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you like the exhaust man! Truck looks good! And by the way, I have the wood center trim piece, or all the brushed aluminum prices for the dash and all vents! Just let me know which way you wanna go with it and I'll be happy to ship you some stuff for a small fee!
Old 12-27-2015, 03:41 PM
Restricted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are your window switches aluminum or wood?
Old 12-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

I think the chains are different between the two.

Personally, I would just go the LS2 route. I have Never hear of a failed one when installed properly.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JordanH
Glad you like the exhaust man! Truck looks good! And by the way, I have the wood center trim piece, or all the brushed aluminum prices for the dash and all vents! Just let me know which way you wanna go with it and I'll be happy to ship you some stuff for a small fee!
The longer the exhaust is on there the louder it gets, still not obnoxious and very little drone....

My radio surround and vent surrounds are brushed all the door switches and between the vents are wood,(post 12) part of me wants to get the wood radio bezel part of me wants the black and silver look.... Decisions, decisions.....

Last edited by Wolftrk99; 12-27-2015 at 04:03 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 yukon build.....Err uh mod thread