PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

2008 yukon build.....Err uh mod thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Heres a video of my front diff....

https://youtu.be/OCHZBTCfLVI
Added another video of the front diff that came out
Old 02-21-2017, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

If i only had a brain...... after what i learned last few days i am kinda glad i havent repaced my cam actuator yet!!! Used an ls2 style dampener and need to go back to the blade style tensioner, so i need to replace the tensioner. just once can i have an easy buttom, pleasse???

Really kicking myself for not chasing the threads on my inner tie rods (like i had thought about doing) while they were apart..
Old 02-22-2017, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Finally had an hour to mess with the tie rods and clean them up and get the alignment taken care of

After chasing threads and reinstalling the tie rods...not bad considering when i left it i had -1.6 on the left and + 1.6 on the right toe

Alignment good enough to comforably drive and not tear my tires up, while i am letting it settle and the new struts wear in a bit, my caster dropped a bit since the other day... i left it right about 2.7/3.0 may end up having to readjust that in a week or two when i go back and recheck the torque on everything...

Aside from the ride height the only difference i really noticed is the steering is a lot more sensitive, which could be the negatively justified caster... she does go straight when i let go of the wheel though.., may pull toe out a hair too
Old 02-23-2017, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Put about 20-25 miles on the yukon this evening, everything seems good so far!! Did have a hell of a time getting the bearings out of the stock spindles, and think i may have messed the left side bearing up a bit in the process, i will look into it more later this week or next week sonetime, but i do have a little bit of bearing noise i noticed.. nowhere near what front diff was though!!
Old 02-24-2017, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default TPMS pressure reset

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the acceptable pressure in the tpms systems? I have tried googling it and get everything from resetting the tpms system after tire rotation to a description if how it works, all of which i already know. I am trying to run 45-50psi in the tires without having the sytem tell me to check all four tire pressures when pressures exceed 46psi.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Finally had time to mess with my truck and see what i could do about the tpms and tire size in the abs module through my verus today and was able to change the tire type and pressure, but nothing in there on the size like the older abs module allowed you to do, hopefully i will be able to find my usb cable for my hp tuners interface this evening and be able to reflash tire size to ight or tomorrow....

For anyone wondering, that has access to a snap on scanner, or any other scanner that will read and perform tire pressure monitor functional tests, the snap on scanner pull up the tpm module, go into funtional test and it comes up with learn function and tire type and pressure, when you click on that another screen come up asking what type/range front tires are when you click on it it goes to the next screen, click edit, find the tire pressure you want anywhere crom 25 to 95,click on it, repeat on next screens that asks for rears, after selecting those clikc edit and wait, when it informs you it was successful, relearn the tire monutors and you are done!!!
Old 04-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Finally had time to mess with my truck and see what i could do about the tpms and tire size in the abs module through my verus today and was able to change the tire type and pressure, but nothing in there on the size like the older abs module allowed you to do, hopefully i will be able to find my usb cable for my hp tuners interface this evening and be able to reflash tire size to ight or tomorrow....

For anyone wondering, that has access to a snap on scanner, or any other scanner that will read and perform tire pressure monitor functional tests, the snap on scanner pull up the tpm module, go into funtional test and it comes up with learn function and tire type and pressure, when you click on that another screen come up asking what type/range front tires are when you click on it it goes to the next screen, click edit, find the tire pressure you want anywhere crom 25 to 95,click on it, repeat on next screens that asks for rears, after selecting those clikc edit and wait, when it informs you it was successful, relearn the tire monutors and you are done!!!
Your welcome! I had a hand in that...

I just traded my Version 2 in for the edge a few weeks back. Last update is 17.2 and then it's obsolete.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Last update for what? Dont tell me that 17.2 is the last update for the verus pro!! I will be pissed!!!
Old 04-03-2017, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im assuming changing the tire size in the ecm changes it everywhere on the e38 ecm. I am really tired of my tcs kicking in when i turn!!
Old 04-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Verus Edge is worth every penny. I wish I could sell more of them.

Quick Reply: 2008 yukon build.....Err uh mod thread