PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

1932 Ford pro street....re-build

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1932 Ford pro street....re-build

Okay Guys I posted a few pics of the new toy a few weeks ago. I have started the tear down and this build will be slower than my past builds. Main reason is the parts that this will require you can't buy. There will be a lot of one off stuff that has to be fabricated and that takes time. Also there will be no expense spared with this one. It will only get the best of the best.

Specs:

Original 1932 Ford truck body. Cab has been chopped and the floor lifted. the bed has been tubbed, shortened, and the bed raised. there will be no fenders or hood ever.

Drivetrain:

6.0L with a nice bump stick and haven't decided on the heads yet, but looking at mildly ported factory heads. The truck only weighs 2,000lbs so 375 rwhp is plenty. I will be going with a rebuilt 60e and a TCS 300M billet converter. I will be using a edelbrock super victor and a 4150 style throttle body which will keep some of the retro look.

The rearend is a narrowed 9" with a 4 link and coil overs... I will be installing a currie nodular third member with a trac lock and 3.90 gears.

Interior: the interior is now leather and ultra leather. I will be changing a few things namely the door panels and the kick panels. I will also be building a center console to house the radio and the vintage air panel. The gauges are being changed out to classic instruments with all the correct metric sending units for the modern day LS engine. I'm also changing over to a flaming river column with tilt and a billet specialties billet steering wheel.

Exterior: While waiting on the interior parts and supplies I'm in the decision making process wheater to pull the cab and finish it out in SpeisHecker Blue Black B/C or leave it in PPG DP90.....We are leaning towards finishing it out and painting as of now.

The story behind the truck:

Ashley's Father started this project about 13 years ago while he was going to school (career change) for street rods and fabricating. Over those years he got it all the way to the point of driving (I stepped in about 3 years and did the interior, ignition, and final trim out).

In the beginning of 2010 he was diagnosed with a condition called morphea scleroderma. While being heavily medicated he lost most of his energy and went in to the Cardiologist. Only to find out he would be going under for a major surgery to replace is aortic valve and a portion of his actual aorta vessel. After a few complications around Thanksgiving 2010 we had a major scare and thought we were going to lose him. Since then his energy has increased, but decided to go ahead and pass on the the truck to the actual owner (Ashley). After much discussion she decided to let me run with it and after the LS swap in her daily driven S-10 she knew what route to take this little truck.

Sorry for the long post, but hang on to your hats this should be a fun build... at least for you guys to watch .... I have to pay for this **** LMAO

Few Pics of what it was when we got it home.

Interior as it sits tonight

Engine getting ready to be pulled Saturday morning.

I will have more pictures as I make progress over the weekend.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking toy man.. It would be sick with a 6 speed in it
Old 09-16-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Nice looking toy man.. It would be sick with a 6 speed in it
LMAO way too much **** to jam into the cab... adding another peddle...BWAHAHAHAHA I can barely get to both peddles as it is. You should see the inside of the cab. I'm 5'11" and my knees are almost into the steering wheel as it is.

The truck itself is very small... look at the pic with the S10... the S10 is damn near against the wall and I still have about 3 ft. behind the 32.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:21 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Totally cool truck man, I love those old Fords (with Chevy mills in them of course ). Looking forward to your build!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Totally cool truck man, I love those old Fords (with Chevy mills in them of course ). Looking forward to your build!
Only bit of FORD left in it is the 9in. Even the front grille oval is coming off and I'm having one milled without the ford logo... There will be a nice custom touch that I will show off when I get it.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay guys I just finished placing the order for the following

Billet LSX motor mount plates
Flaming River tilt steering column
Billet specialties steering wheel
Billet specialties horn (sending it off to have to have the LSX logo cut in it)
Borgeson polished stainless ujoints and polished stainless steering shaft

Next purchase will be the custom gauges but it will take 4-6 weeks to get them after I pay that 1,000 bill :banghead:
Old 09-16-2011, 01:11 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Subscribing to this build. I love that little pickup just like it was, can't wait to see how it turns out! Looking forward to this build, thanks for sharing.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Subscribing to this build. I love that little pickup just like it was, can't wait to see how it turns out! Looking forward to this build, thanks for sharing.
Me too... I guess I should tell you guys the reason for all this madness.

When my father in law had the engine built (I don't know this builder) he told him to build it for nitrous.....Why? I have no damn idea. My thoughts are he built the damn thing so loose it smokes the truck doesn't have a ton of mileage on it, but it has at least 150 heat cycles and the miles that are on it were harder miles trying to get the rings to seat.... long story short it smokes and I have tried everything in my bag of tricks to make sure it wasn't something other than internal. So since its in my garage now and it will be there until the day I die I want it built my way. My father in law is very excited about all of this for a few different reasons... He will get to the see the truck 100% fully completed and he knows I dont **** around and I do things right. Some of you have seen this from my S10 I built.

Okay now that I included that... everyone have a goodnight... I have to be at my office in about 5 hours
Old 09-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by sprayed99
LMAO way too much **** to jam into the cab... adding another peddle...BWAHAHAHAHA I can barely get to both peddles as it is. You should see the inside of the cab. I'm 5'11" and my knees are almost into the steering wheel as it is.

The truck itself is very small... look at the pic with the S10... the S10 is damn near against the wall and I still have about 3 ft. behind the 32.
C mon, adapt and over come..
Old 09-16-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
C mon, adapt and over come..
Thats funny.... MUCH easier said than done. Besides I have the means to rebuild the 60e myself so I don't have that 2-4K price tag of a FLT.

Quick Reply: 1932 Ford pro street....re-build