Notices

new 6.7's

Old 07-30-2014, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 6.7's

all I got to say is these new trucks are not worth a crap with this DPF **** on em....mine shut down in the middle of a road pulling a boat for 15 minutes for hi exhaust temp!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bud8fan
all I got to say is these new trucks are not worth a crap with this DPF **** on em....mine shut down in the middle of a road pulling a boat for 15 minutes for hi exhaust temp!!!
My brother in laws truck left him stranded in the middle of a road without warning at a stop sign, he had to push the truck off the road. My uncles at least let him drive in limp mode to the dealership since he was close by. Another friends just left him in the middle of a highway also without warning, all these do to the emissions crap. Would really suck if these incidents happend on a busy expressway where there is no chance to move the vehicle off the road since they just turned off.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

I guess I should add more to it:
I was pulling my sons brand new 24' tri-poon boat from the dealership to the ranch and I have a superchip tune in the truck...we came up on a red flashing lite intersection and the guy in front of me didn't look either way and bolted out into the hiway when all of a sudden I see a 4 door work truck coming 75 mph right at him...the work truck swerved to miss him , went skidding right in front of him and plowed into the rear end of another truck that was stopped on the other side of the intersection...camper went flying , axle and tailgate went flying and guys air bag deployed but the driver that caused all this crap hi tailed it on down the road...I pulled thru and ask if everybody was ok and told them I would go catch him and get his plate number....I caught him about a mile and a half and wrote the number down...slowed to turn around where I could and started back when the ses came on and truck had no power...couldn't pull over as I was in the middle of a run off with embankment on both sides and the damn truck just died right there...deader then ****...was glad the boat was tall enough for on comers to see and wait or pass while nobody was coming...anyway final made it back to the scene about 30 minutes later and had already called in the plate number...hope they caught the dude...
Old 10-28-2014, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

You are going to hate what I say but the reason it shut down is the tuner. It's overfueling under load the EGT spiked and was in the process of overheating the cats and shut it down to protect itself. On these new emissions laden diesels you either need to delete it all together or leave it stock to keep from having little glitch problems. The EPA has these SOBS where they have to walk a razors edge one way or the other and it shuts em down.

I liked old diesels wouldn't own a new one we can't keep em out of the shop for emissions BS chevy ford or dodge doesn't matter they all suck.