Notices

To install performance chips

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To install performance chips

Recently I visited one website which provides Ford 6.7 diesel performance parts. I was looking to purchase performance chips for my Ford 6.7. This is the link to the store https://www.bcdiesel.ca/en/performan...-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 . Can you please check this and suggest me the better one? Also, I would like to know whether there is any problem using these chips in our trucks. I have heard that some performance chip may affect the engine. I am expecting your replies. Thank you in advance
Old 12-06-2016, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

You always take a chance when installing tuners. Most of those aftermarket diesel tuners seem just toss timing and fuel at the thing and hope for the best. Is that 100% true, maybe not but that's just what I read sometimes.

A diesel forum about those trucks may yield better results on your searches too, though someone may know about them on here.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

A few of the diesel forums have how-to's for HPT. Of course, you would have to buy HPT to tune it yourself.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought me the sct x4 with custom tunes from Rudy's performance no regrets. Oh and I deleted it. Truck is a whole different animal
Old 12-15-2016, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Phantom, what year and setup is your truck? What deletes did you do? I just got a 6.7 truck, my first diesel and hate the mileage after owning a 2014 5.3L and getting 22mpg everywhere I went for the last few years.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:32 AM
Teching In

2013 F250 K/R crew cab 4x4. All I deleted was the dpf, the egr is still in the truck but its disconnected and turned off. And as far as getting 22 mpg in this heavy pig good luck. I always hear of people getting that but I haven't yet. I don't know maybe its cause I like to drive fast lol or this hot texas weather but the closest I can get it to is about 19mpg. It also doesn't help that im running the performance tune, im sure if I set it to tow mode I can get more out of it. But man as far as the truck runnin itself. Its a whole different truck, runs smoother and picks up WAY quicker. And its just better all around for longevity of the engine. Diesels aren't meant to be restricted with all this EPA crap, they need to be able to breathe. I don't have a cold air in it yet but that's coming next. I love driving the truck and its pretty quiet 2 even with it being straight piped. Now if you get on it, It will get loud but as far as like on highway cruising I cant even hear it.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a dpf/cat delete pipe on the way as well as an airaid CAI and SCT livewire TS+ I can't wait to get it all on there! I would be happy with 19mpg in this big ole girl.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Yea man you'll find yourself grinning from all the torque these things put down. Its insane! Something this big shouldn't move like this lol. But yea man post a Video once u do it all, thats what I havent done yet, I need 2. I need to get that cold air on there maybe that'll get me to 20+ mpg. You wont regret it