Diagram of exploded view of 6.0L turbo parts - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums
Click here to visit LS1Tech
Click here to visit Performance Trucks
Click here to visit Mod Motor Tech
Click here to visit Modern Hemi

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums  

Go Back   PerformanceTrucks.net Forums > FORD / LINCOLN SPECIFIC FORUMS > Powerstroke Diesel Performance



Diagram of exploded view of 6.0L turbo parts

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
10 Second Club
iTrader: (21)
 
Hugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Olive Branch MS/Memphis
Posts: 728
Default Diagram of exploded view of 6.0L turbo parts

Does anyone have an exploded view or a diagram of the parts that attach to a 6.0 VGT powerstroke turbo? A picture of one removed with everything still attached to it would be great also. I have one of these turbos and I don't know what the pedestal looks like, how the oil drain tube attaches(feels loose), how the oil inlet attaches. I am looking for some direction on parts to buy to make this turbo useable for a JY build. Thanks.

Josh
__________________
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/LS1hugger/1094sigcopy-1.jpg
Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Prairieville,La
Posts: 1,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugger View Post
Does anyone have an exploded view or a diagram of the parts that attach to a 6.0 VGT powerstroke turbo? A picture of one removed with everything still attached to it would be great also. I have one of these turbos and I don't know what the pedestal looks like, how the oil drain tube attaches(feels loose), how the oil inlet attaches. I am looking for some direction on parts to buy to make this turbo useable for a JY build. Thanks.

Josh
the oil feed line bolts to the top of it. the drain tube just pushes into the bottom. the turbo just sits on top of it.
__________________
Shelton
Truckshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
10 Second Club
iTrader: (21)
 
Hugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Olive Branch MS/Memphis
Posts: 728
Default

Anyone else? I have an oil drain tube but it is a very loose fit. I have got some new o-rings on the way for it. It has some metal tabs on the side. Where do they go? This thing is way too loose to be just a friction fit. Anyone have any part numbers?
__________________
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/LS1hugger/1094sigcopy-1.jpg
Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Prairieville,La
Posts: 1,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugger View Post
Anyone else? I have an oil drain tube but it is a very loose fit. I have got some new o-rings on the way for it. It has some metal tabs on the side. Where do they go? This thing is way too loose to be just a friction fit. Anyone have any part numbers?
it does fit loose. the metal tabs on it is where it aligns and sits in a groove in the pedestal. there is no pressure on the drain side of a turbo. that is the reason you need a pump for a remote mount setup. you could probably tap it with some pipe thread and use an fittings.
__________________
Shelton
Truckshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
10 Second Club
iTrader: (21)
 
Hugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Olive Branch MS/Memphis
Posts: 728
Default

Do you know where I can get things like the pedestal and oil inlet tube for cheap?
__________________
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/LS1hugger/1094sigcopy-1.jpg
Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Prairieville,La
Posts: 1,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugger View Post
Do you know where I can get things like the pedestal and oil inlet tube for cheap?
for cheap i am gonna say salvage yard. need to know what year turbo. 03 and early 04 mounted different than later years. also had different drain tubes but that should not matter for what you are trying to accomplish.
__________________
Shelton
Truckshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ls3 416ci fi short block swap Denali08 FORCED INDUCTION 12 08-09-2015 04:34 PM
New Kid on the Block (Georgia): Project IndyRam Austino New Members 14 07-30-2015 03:28 PM
Help finding a 2500HD tune for OSID 12617631 for HPTuners ASAP oharajo Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring 2 07-18-2015 09:24 PM
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back Exhaust for 2000-2004 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L & 3.4L FlowmasterMufflers Foreign Performance Discussion 0 07-09-2015 12:23 PM
Flowmaster dBX Series Cat-back Exhaust System for 2005-2012 Toyota Tacoma w/ 4.0L V6 FlowmasterMufflers Foreign Performance Discussion 0 07-09-2015 12:00 PM


Tags
1996, 60, 60l, bolt, diagram, diesel, drain, exploded, pedestal, pedistal, powerstroke, ring, tube, turbo, vgt, view

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.



PerformanceTrucks.net and InternetBrands, Inc. are not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company