Notices

2008 6.4 power upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 6.4 power upgrades

Hey guys, I just got a 2008 F-350 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4 6.4 as my work truck. I was wondering what everybody is using as far as upping the power. I know airaid has an intake for the truck, but I dont know if the dealer would like that or not. I have been looking around, and it seems edge, sct, superchips, hypertech, bulley dog, and a few others already have some electronic things out for this vehicle. I was wondering which one I could use and take off when I have to take it to the dealer and they wont find out. I heard some leave footprints and others dont. I have mainly been leaning toward the edge that you can put in the dash and the SCT. The SCT does have an extreme version thats pretty tempting Here is the site I have been looking at: http://www.xtremediesel.com/index.as...S&Category=585
I dont want all out ***** to the wall performance, just something to give it a pretty good boost in power that wont mess up the trans or the rest of the truck, or get me busted at the dealer The truck is also on 35" bfg mud terrains so I need something that can re-calibrate the speedo. I know I need to post this up on the dieselplace or something as well. Thanks for the input fellas,
Sam
Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Need More N2O Mod

I would do a drop in air filter. and a catback. there isn't many hand held programers that dont leave someting on the computer for a dealer to find. but there is always that chance you take with one. You take the new job or still working the same one that you had the dodge?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

I would say SCT or Innovative diesel
Old 11-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mwalls54
I would do a drop in air filter. and a catback. there isn't many hand held programers that dont leave someting on the computer for a dealer to find. but there is always that chance you take with one. You take the new job or still working the same one that you had the dodge?
I have been reading on the ford sites and it seems some of the dealers if they wanna be asses will give ya crap about a cat back, not sure about air filter. Yeah thats the main thing im worried about is leaving a foot print of some sort. Some people on the ford sites say they leave a footprint and you will get caught and others have brought their trucks in for warrenty work with the programmers in and the dealers didnt give them any hassle. The truck has 1100 miles so i'm gonna wait a bit before I do anything, let it break it a little more. I would like some kind of performance boost though. I took the new job, got tired of that other place screwing me around. Plus this job pays 3x more with better benefits and what not, they have me working up in colorado now.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Need More N2O Mod

swing by a ford dealer and talk to the main parts guy, one of the dealerships that i had service work done used to sell the programers and actually didn't care as long as you bought it from them. Since its a new 6.4 i would wait a little while before i did anything to it. i am on a psd site and from what i under stand they are a hit and a miss. some are great and some will start to have problems.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Launching!

I will swing by a ford house when I go to town again. I was gonna wait a little bit, but I want something for sure down the road. Driving a stock vehicle kinda sucks. What do you have on your work ford? When did ya move to washington dc man?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Need More N2O Mod

i just picked up a $200 superchips off of ebay. it works great for the amount of money i have in it. I moved up here about a month ago.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

I would go SCT, extreme tune if your crazy but the base tunes should wake it up.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

got the SCT and love it. Highly recommend!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

SCT! For sure.

Quick Reply: 2008 6.4 power upgrades