NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Xlink problems

Old 09-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xlink problems

I currently have a 90mm ls2 throttle body and 3.0 x link (no pink wires) on my 06 silverado and I'm having issues every time my nitrous outlet controller pulls the signal to spray, the truck falls on its face. Attached is a log of this happening. I have tried pulling the signal before and after the x link module and had the same results doing both. Although the log shows the throttle blade at 100% I'm fairly confident it is shutting when the signal is being pulled. Any info will be very helpful.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
hub_nitrousproblem_run1.hpl (16.8 KB, 78 views)
Old 09-09-2014, 11:39 AM
formerly turbo4.8 (2014-06-25)

Why are you tapping in at the x link? It should be before. But regardless I had a similar issue and pulled off the coil and ran a traditional wot switch.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Teching In

I'm tapping in at the xlink for a 5V reference for wot throttle switch. I'm also tapping in to the coil for the rpm window part of the switch. I just don't care for the idea of when I let off at the end of the track and truck is still in rpm window spraying. So I would like to make the wot signal functional. Does anyone know if the map sensor is a 5V rise or fall?
Old 09-10-2014, 08:43 AM
formerly turbo4.8 (2014-06-25)

ok, if you want to tap into the harness, it will need to be pre x link. a traditional WOT switch still does exactly what you want it to as well. let off the gas, nitrous shuts off.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Pre-xlink is where the tap in has been located. I believe that the x link may have a safety in it where when the tps pulls signal it is just enough mAmps to trigger this safety. Which is why when I log the throttle is it is still 100% throughout the pull because by the pedal position it is.
I'm going to try relocating the trigger to the APP sensor 1 port prior to Tach module.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:47 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The green(voltage increases as throttle opens) wire that you would be tapping is not even connected to the X-Link, it just passes through the box, so before/after doesn't make a difference. But I still recommend tapping the app sensor wire because some people have had issues tapping the TPS sensors. This would throw a DTC though.

If ETC TP is logged as 100%, than that is where the blade is at. If what you are feeling is the throttle closing, you would see that in the logged ETCTP PID. Be sure to log ETCTP rather than SAE TP. They can sometimes differ.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Hmmm. I've looked all over the tune and can not seem to find where any problem could possibly persist. The biggest thing is I was spraying the truck when I had a 6.0 engine with the standard throttle body with no issues. Then ever since I added this x link I have had no success in doing so.
I can think of anything that would cause the truck to act the way it is acting. It literally goes in to the rpm window then falls on its face, then it will take off and be fine. Its only on the initial hit.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:45 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Log shows 0-60 in 2.86 sec and 70-17 in 1.2 sec. Spinning?

Sounds like you have a completely different setup now rather than just a throttle swap....new engine, intake, nitrous setup, fuel system and tune. What are your fuel cutoff and ETC rev limiters set to in the tune? Looks like your throttle closed down to 71% after you hit 6341 RPM. It will keep closing until you are below the ETC rev limiter. Set the ETC rev limiter 50 RPM below the fuel cutoff limiter so it kicks in first.
Engine>Fuel>Cutoff>Cutoff RPM vs Gear
Old 09-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Teching In

Yes that log it was spinning and that wasn't a good example of the problem. Attached are two more that accurately depict what is happening. Truck launches-> hits window switch rpm->nitrous sprays for millisec-> truck falls on face down below RPM window-> stay in throttle will go in to window and stay for rest of pass.
In log run 2 I let out that is the throttle drop during gear change because it was spinning
Log Number 1 it can be seen that I was on converter at 1900 launched when up to 3200ish where the rpm window came on then it fell back down to 2400ish. When this dip occurs it takes the whole pass with it. The 60ft. goes to a 2 sec + and regular is low 1.6x high 1.5x on motor. I know that the spray is working because it did pick up a couple mph.

Yes the truck is an entirely different set up and runs just fix an the motor. Which I attached a log of. The ETC Fuel Cutoff vs. Gear table you speak of is set to cutoff at 7100 rpm which is the same as the normal Fuel Cutoff vs. Gear table both of which are way 300 rpm more than I shift the truck. Plus as you can see in the attached logs the issue I'm having is on the initial hit of nitrous once its rolling and on the spray it seems fine.

I never was successfully able to spray the vehicle even when it was just a tb and link swap on the old set up but alot of things did change fast with my set up and I will say time was not spent very much on fixing that problem before changing everything.

Thanks for the help all is appreciated.
Attached Files
Leakesville_motor_run1.hpl (11.3 KB, 79 views)
mobile_nitrous_run1.hpl (17.3 KB, 74 views)
nitrous_mobile_run2.hpl (13.0 KB, 73 views)
Old 09-11-2014, 02:38 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Looks like the throttle held steady at 100%. I would look at what the fuel and spark are doing. There is a lean spike at the dip(or could be very rich). Also, is burst knock still enabled?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Xlink problems