NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

NX proton kit for my tahoe!

Old 07-24-2014, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX proton kit for my tahoe!

so i bought a almost brand new nitrous kit from a guy on craigslist yesterday...kit looks lyk it has less than 5% usage and he included the bottle filled already. I payed 400 for it and its the proton kit the only thing im seeing thats missing is the relay/harness.

this leads me to my question can anyone snap a pic or tell me what wires go where from the relay...i have the diagram but it does not say which exact pins go to the ground, battery, positive, and solenoid.

also i will only be running a 75 shot because i will not do a retune in time for a truck event coming in a week at bandimere speedway so justin told me to just do colder plugs and mix e-85 or race fuel into my tank..anything else i should know about? this is a push button but later i will get a WOT switch. At what RMP should i push it from a dig? after 3k rpm? what about when i upshift, is it safe to be running nitrous during that?
Old 07-24-2014, 11:16 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

whats done to your transmission? i like to spray through the shifts but a stock unit behind your weight would be on borrowed time.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

I would say wait for 2500rpm and like ^ it's up to your trans for the shifts. I just sold my kit so I can't help with the relay, also I would go with some 100+ octane added in since your tune is probably pushing your timing to the limit as is..
Old 07-24-2014, 11:32 AM

no converter in your sig says stock trans to me. spray 3,000+ rpm and the shifts are up to you.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Im looking at the same kit for my 07 Avalanche.
Can you please let me know how it goes?
Mine is a daily driver so 75 would be most I spray.
The web site has a diagram I think.

Originally Posted by josueh95
so i bought a almost brand new nitrous kit from a guy on craigslist yesterday...kit looks lyk it has less than 5% usage and he included the bottle filled already. I payed 400 for it and its the proton kit the only thing im seeing thats missing is the relay/harness.

this leads me to my question can anyone snap a pic or tell me what wires go where from the relay...i have the diagram but it does not say which exact pins go to the ground, battery, positive, and solenoid.

also i will only be running a 75 shot because i will not do a retune in time for a truck event coming in a week at bandimere speedway so justin told me to just do colder plugs and mix e-85 or race fuel into my tank..anything else i should know about? this is a push button but later i will get a WOT switch. At what RMP should i push it from a dig? after 3k rpm? what about when i upshift, is it safe to be running nitrous during that?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Teching In

This should help since you don't have the original harness and plan to use a push button instead of a WOT switch.
Attached Thumbnails NX proton kit for my tahoe!-images.jpg  
Old 07-24-2014, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
whats done to your transmission? i like to spray through the shifts but a stock unit behind your weight would be on borrowed time.
sorry i do need to update my signature bt i have a corvette servo, 3200 fti stall and a 40k tru cool for my tranny

*edit, Signature updated

Last edited by josueh95; 07-24-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redram2007
This should help since you don't have the original harness and plan to use a push button instead of a WOT switch.
thanks man thats awesome just what i needed! by any chance do you have maybe a bigger pic of it? i also see it only shows for one solenoid connection
Old 07-24-2014, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by josueh95
thanks man thats awesome just what i needed! by any chance do you have maybe a bigger pic of it? i also see it only shows for one solenoid connection
I sure don't I found that by doing a search on Google. If you have the proton system then it should only have one positive wire coming out of the box bc the solenoids are wired together, and you simply ground the black wire coming from the solenoid box.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:22 PM

the power and grounds for both solenoids tie into each other.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX proton kit for my tahoe!