New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

new from texas

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new from texas

i spent a few minutes earlier introducing myself but it ereased so heres my 02 Silverado purchased in March of this year with a 07 gate in the back 4/6 flip kit, belltech air shocks out back no engine mods on the V6 stock engine.. daily driver. not really thinking of upping the engine but i might later down the road...question hoping someone can answer: are there any interchangeable trannys that fit a stock v6 being the one i have isnt stock and need to figure out where it came from...thanks in advance...
Attached Thumbnails new from texas-02-nbs.jpg  
Old 10-24-2016, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Good looking truck! What part of Texas are you located? As far as the tranny goes I'm pretty sure just about any 4l60e should work without much trouble at all I think the little shaft that goes to the shift linkage is the only difference between a 4l60 from a car to a truck ones slightly longer than the other everything else is the I believe don't quote me on that but I'm pretty sure one of these other guys could tell you for certain I'm sure, a lot of these guys know there **** down to a T in certain fields if not all. Welcome and good luck with the truck you came to the right place to find some info
Old 11-01-2016, 11:07 PM

out here in San Antonio, and appreciate the info. now to get started on my weekend projects in the future to come..ill check out the 4l60 specs and try to find any stamps or id's to see what im woking with. appreciate it.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to have you aboard man! I'm from Dallas, TX, and I'm pretty new here as well and hands down the best truck forum out there imo! There's always someone willing to chime in and help out with questions or solutions to problems you may be encountering.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to PT
Old 11-15-2016, 08:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pretty much any 4l60e 99-08? 4l60 is a 4l60 for most part.

Originally Posted by red02blue71
i spent a few minutes earlier introducing myself but it ereased so heres my 02 Silverado purchased in March of this year with a 07 gate in the back 4/6 flip kit, belltech air shocks out back no engine mods on the V6 stock engine.. daily driver. not really thinking of upping the engine but i might later down the road...question hoping someone can answer: are there any interchangeable trannys that fit a stock v6 being the one i have isnt stock and need to figure out where it came from...thanks in advance...
You may find a 4l60e with a different neutral safety (PRNDL) switch, you will have to mount yours, you can use a Trailblazer trans by switching bell housing. V-6 or v-8 does not matter you may find that GM has changed the amount of bell housing bolts between(5.7,4.3 and 4.8,5.3,6.0) however it will still bolt in and operate. Also there are few different converter stall speeds however when I had a v-6 4.3 and put in a v-8 transmission I didn't notice much difference in rpms before the truck took off. The majority of the changes in the 4l60's are internal. Some (most) later models have an internal PRNDL switch and will not work. Is your trans broke what do you mean isn't stock? The 4l60e is an updated version of what was known as a 700R4.

Last edited by tpartsman; 11-15-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default off topic post but welcome friend

Originally Posted by red02blue71
what up
Old 11-18-2016, 02:14 PM

well when under the truck i noticed some bellhousing holes from the transmission not aligning right with the engine so with that i figured it was swapped out sometime in the past...found out that it was from the prev owner.. i was just hoping i can find out any/ more info on the tranny w/o pulling it off... that way in time when i get going on mods i know exactly what im working with..