New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New to site looking for some ideas for my truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 01:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Check the rpo label in the glove box gt4 is 3.73, GU6 (iirc) is 3.42. With $1000 budget, id say intake tube, tune, and cat back to start with. If you arent doing gears yourself it will eat up a lot of your budget!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFDP

To me any of the Diablo or Superchips handheld programmers are not worth the money, they don't really even tune the vehicle at all. They are just canned tunes that you just load into the computer. For the cost they aren't worth it and if you change something later like headers/camshaft upgrade they become pretty much useless at that point.

Depending on where you live someone might be able to give you a custom tune, is does not need to be done on a dyno and likely better that it's not. You are limited to 100mph because of the driveshaft and street tuning is easier most of the time. If you want to learn it yourself go with HP Tuners or EFI Live.
X2

my $400 tune on my stock everything (bone stock, not even a cold air or exhaust) walks on everybody's trucks around here with basic bolt ons and $600+ programmers haha. airaid jr, headers, tune from someone local who knows what they're doing or a black bear, wheatley etc and you'll really wake it up.