New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New Member, Moore/OKC Ok.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We don't need an OK section. We are practically the only ones that post in the Central section anyway.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome from Norman.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Welcome to the site!

We've picked up quite a few Okies this year. Amazing how many.
A co worker of mine lives in moore and I work up in the village. Might be going to Paradise City on the 17th to check out the drunk chicks.
Were is Paradise City?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Here's my old sierra with and without door moldings, you make the call!

With...

Without...

His truck, like him is a freak of nature, don't worry about how he got into the 11's just yet, your guarantee'd to break something way before you get to where he is. On top of which nobody really likes him on here We just kinda of put up with him cuz is SN is in red.
Huh Bill!!

Oh and running higher octane fuel isn't gonna do much for you unless you get yourself a custom tune. Your just wasting your $$ and potentially hurting your cats.
You make a good case on the door molding By high octane I was just meaning 91 or 93, not race gas. Cat's should hold up fine as they were just replaced about 2 years ago. I know seat of the pants doesn't mean much but it does "seem" to run better with high octane and I know I get about 1.5-2 mpg better so it saves me a little in the long run. Speaking of tune's, It seems everyone gets custom tunes, is that just because everyone here has that badass of a truck or are the out of the box one's like SLP have not that good (or should I say, for mostly stock applications?)?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:58 PM
MASS seller approved

welcome from tulsa
Old 10-09-2009, 12:41 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ButlerBoy
You make a good case on the door molding By high octane I was just meaning 91 or 93, not race gas. Cat's should hold up fine as they were just replaced about 2 years ago. I know seat of the pants doesn't mean much but it does "seem" to run better with high octane and I know I get about 1.5-2 mpg better so it saves me a little in the long run. Speaking of tune's, It seems everyone gets custom tunes, is that just because everyone here has that badass of a truck or are the out of the box one's like SLP have not that good (or should I say, for mostly stock applications?)?
I wouldn't get ahead of yourself when it comes to octane fuel. Stick with what is meant for your set-up and nothing else. If your tuned for 87, run 87. Higher octane fuel does not add power, clean your injectors, unlock power or help an engine run better/more efficient, on the contrary running 87 on a 93 tune or running 93 on a 87 tune will do more harm than good...ALWAYS. Octane rating is a measure of the resistance of the fuel to detonation. Octane rating does not relate to the energy content of the fuel. It is only a measure of the fuel's tendency to burn in a controlled manner, rather than exploding in an uncontrolled manner.
If you put a fuel with higher octane (i.e. it's harder to ignite) on a vehicle that expects the fuel to react/burn/ignite earlier you will lose power, run hotter EGT's and reduce the life of your cats.
If you put a fuel with lower octane (i.e. it's easier to ignite) on a vehicle that expects fuel to react/burn/ignite later you will increase your chance of detonation, lose power and harm your motor.
I'm not saying you can't run higher octane fuel, as a matter of fact you can run whatever you want in your truck just make sure your tuned for it is all. And if your gonna tune your truck go with a custom tune and do it right, tuning with a hand-held is equivalent to going down on a fat chick, in the end your gonna be left with a bad taste in your mouth and wondering if it was really worth it.

Last edited by Spoolin; 10-09-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Staging Lane

Welcome to the forum!

I'm from just over the border into Rcansaw, in Fort Smith.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Hey man,

I graduated from Westmoore High School a few years ago, before i moved back to Texas!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Spoolin
...tuning with a hand-held is equivalent to going down on a fat chick, in the end your gonna be left with a bad taste in your mouth and wondering if it was really worth it.

I've seen in forums before were people put quotes in there sig were it's in like a gray box so it stands out as a quote, anyone know how to do it?
Old 10-09-2009, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ButlerBoy

I've seen in forums before were people put quotes in there sig were it's in like a gray box so it stands out as a quote, anyone know how to do it?
Copy the quote tags into your sig

Quick Reply: New Member, Moore/OKC Ok.